• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who makes the "best" UV flatbeds?

If you own a flatbed UV printer, please rank the brand

• Mimaki - Bad

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Mimaki - 'Meh'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mimaki - OK

• Mimaki - Pretty Good

• Mimaki - Love it

• Agfa - Bad

• Agfa - 'Meh'

• Agfa - OK

• Agfa - Pretty Good

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Agfa - Love it

• CET - Bad

• CET - 'Meh'

• CET - OK

• CET - Pretty Good

• CET - Love it

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Targa - Bad

• Targa - 'Meh'

• Targa - OK

• Targa - Pretty Good

• Targa - Love it

• TeckWin - Bad

• TeckWin - 'Meh'

• TeckWin - OK

• TeckWin - Pretty Good

• TeckWin - Love it

• EFi VUTEk - Bad

• EFi VUTEk - 'Meh'

• EFi VUTEk - OK

• EFi VUTEk - Pretty Good

• EFi VUTEk - Love it

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • HP - Bad

• HP - 'Meh'

• HP - OK

• HP - Pretty Good

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • HP - Love it

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Océ Arizona - Bad

• Océ Arizona - 'Meh'

• Océ Arizona - OK

• Océ Arizona - Pretty Good

• Océ Arizona - Love it

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Rolland - Bad

• Rolland - 'Meh'

• Rolland - OK

• Rolland - Pretty Good

• Rolland - Love it

• Fuji Acuity - Bad

• Fuji Acuity - 'Meh'

• Fuji Acuity - OK

• Fuji Acuity - Pretty Good

• Fuji Acuity - Love it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Dalton

Who makes the "best" UV flatbeds? I'm looking at brand reviews and not model reviews. I know I won't get all of them. I'm only trying to include those that have models in the $80k to $300k range and I'm only including current makers of flatbed UV printers. Only vote if you own one of these brands:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Should have the Jetrix on there, they use the Konica heads and the prints I have seen are amazing. I think the Swiss Q should be on there also.

Tom Dalton

I saw the Durst at ISA. What a behemoth. I left that out on purpose. Not many shops have the space or money for something like that. Also, I ran out of space in the poll. The limit was 50 lines.

Nishan

P10 160 is in your price range and takes no more space than other models listed.
I saw the Durst at ISA. What a behemoth. I left that out on purpose. Not many shops have the space or money for something like that. Also, I ran out of space in the poll. The limit was 50 lines.

HulkSmash

This is a very loaded question and it requires quit a bit of information on what you're looking to print.
each printers have their pros and cons based on what they're used for.

Tom Dalton

This is a very loaded question and it requires quit a bit of information on what you're looking to print.
each printers have their pros and cons based on what they're used for.

First, the poll feature in this forum is VERY limited.

Also, notice that I didn't say what is the best printer.. but, "who" as in brand and not machine. It isn't about features or usability or anything specific about a particular printer. It is about the reliability, service and quality of the flatbeds produced by that BRAND. If a BRAND offers no support or breaks often.. they might get a bad review in this poll regardless of what features they do or do not have on their printers. It doesn't matter that it prints on a particular substrate or has white ink or anything like that ...I can pick those features myself amongst the options available from the best two brands after I figure out who those might be.

PrintItBig

Sorry I know this is a bit of an old thread and I'm not sure how much useful info can be obtained from it due to the way the question is posed but it's quite interesting that HP completely dominates the results.

Is that just a price thing? ie lower price = more people use them = more people have an opinion?

AlsEU

Two remarks.

Fujifilm doesn't make the Acuity printers, just sells them (they're being produced by Oce/Canon). And where are the Inca machines (Spyders and Onsets)? I know it's slighty different price level, but they're damn good anyway.