• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whorehouse font?

SignManiac

Is this from a legit font or custom designed?

TIA

Attachments

• whorehouse.jpg
    whorehouse.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 155

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It might have started out life as a type face but it's been mightily diddled.

The three 'S's are all different as well as the five 'T's. You might catch a clue as to just what it started out as by looking at the 'H', 'L', 'I', 'N', 'E' ,'O', 'U', and 'X' characters. These characters appear to be relatively unmolested. Moreover the squarish serifs, the angled right-hand serifs on the 'E', and the center bar of the 'E' and 'H' extending to the left ought to give you a place to start.

SignosaurusRex

Definitely custom....designed in 1982 by Phill Norman. If you are looking for something to start with, I might suggest BOOKMANIA font family from Mark Simonson. Something like 10 variations and 3,181 glyphs and an amazing choice of swash alts. Enough to get you where you want go.

SignManiac

Thanks everyone. Just as I suspected. Doing my research and I don't think the potential client is even going to be worth this project. I'll know later today after I give her the options.

SignManiac

Nothing has been done at all yet. She wanted that font, I did a quick search and turned up nothing. I will tell her if she insist on that font. I will create if for her and it will cost her xxx amount. Take it or leave it.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
The three 'S's are all different as well as the five 'T's. You might catch a clue as to just what it started out as by looking at the 'H', 'L', 'I', 'N', 'E' ,'O', 'U', and 'X' characters. These characters appear to be relatively unmolested. Moreover the squarish serifs, the angled right-hand serifs on the 'E', and the center bar of the 'E' and 'H' extending to the left ought to give you a place to start.

wow bob.... a whole lotta words to say nothing....