• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's Interested?

Smacka

Well, we have decided to do a complete overhaul of our company image and thought it might be a good idea to start here with the logo concept. We have designed hundreds of logos over the years for our customers but the one that has been the most elusive is our own. I JUST CAN'T DESIGN A LOGO FOR MYSELF!!! The design gods always seem to be against me on this. I have seen many brilliant logo designs from a lot of you and was hoping someone here might be interested in working with me on this.

Here is what I am looking for...
1. Something VERY retro. (meaning old style sign shop kind of design) like it was carved out of a piece of wood.

2. Enclosed logo - not stacked type

The rest would be up to the designer. This is a paying gig so if you are good at these types of design work PLEASE pm me!

Thanks in advance!!:toasting:

visual800

Well, we have decided to do a complete overhaul of our company image and thought it might be a good idea to start here with the logo concept. We have designed hundreds of logos over the years for our customers but the one that has been the most elusive is our own. I JUST CAN'T DESIGN A LOGO FOR MYSELF!!! The design gods always seem to be against me on this. I have seen many brilliant logo designs from a lot of you and was hoping someone here might be interested in working with me on this.

Here is what I am looking for...
1. Something VERY retro. (meaning old style sign shop kind of design) like it was carved out of a piece of wood.

2. Enclosed logo - not stacked type

The rest would be up to the designer. This is a paying gig so if you are good at these types of design work PLEASE pm me!

Thanks in advance!!:toasting:

man you lost me on that carved outta wood comment, whats wrong with the logo you have on your pro it looks clean

Smacka

Well to put it mildly, I hate every logo I have ever created for myself. I love all the ones I have created for others, but when it comes to my own I am never satisfied. There have been probably 50 versions I have created and I hate every one of them.:banghead: Just thought a fresh perspective would be the ticket. I tried contacting Joe Diaz but he hasn't gotten back to me. I really like his retro stuff.

Smacka

Dan's work is great too. I just saw a few designs that Joe did and was very impressed. I must smell or something... or he is quite busy!

SignManiac

Quantum Design says contemporary, modern. Not old world, traditional, as in carved wood. What kind of work do you specialize in? That is where I'd start for creating a logo that would represent you and the kind of work you do.

Smacka

Quantum Design says contemporary, modern. Not old world, traditional, as in carved wood. What kind of work do you specialize in? That is where I'd start for creating a logo that would represent you and the kind of work you do.

General signmaking, printing, logo design, ect.

And herein lies the problem. I have kinda painted myself into that corner. I really want to bring it back to a traditional signmaking theme as I am a small operation and want to give the feel of the old, reliable sign shop on the corner feel. Just a warm and enviting presence. We may even create a new entity for this.

Justin

So, am I gathering that you wouldn't mind changing your company name?

Also, is the shield design your current logo? Whats your website? What city in Florida?

Once I gather the above info I'm just going to post my design here. =)

Smacka

So, am I gathering that you wouldn't mind changing your company name?

Also, is the shield design your current logo? Whats your website? What city in Florida?

Once I gather the above info I'm just going to post my design here. =)

I think we would just create another one.

Smacka

Nope, when I click the contact button there is no #, address, nothing but a box to fill in and submit. It's OK, Joe just got with me.

HulkSmash

Nope, when I click the contact button there is no #, address, nothing but a box to fill in and submit. It's OK, Joe just got with me.

For Future Reference

attachment.php

Attachments

• joe1.jpg
    joe1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 122

Smacka

Thanks for tracking that down for me... But when I pull up that page it doesn't look anything like that. Might be something with Safari.