• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why a day.. Vent

JoshLoring

So.. On top of a crazy day we get an online inquiry last night for a vehicle wrap design. Design only.. It's another shop that can't seem to get the design to the clients liking. Ok.. No problem.

They call to make sure we got the inquiry early morning.. Yes we did- at 1am.

I chat with them about it. They tell me they want something (3 renderings) by Monday. I say, you know, I'm pretty sure we are booked out in design at least 3 weeks but I'll confirm with project management in a bit and get back to you.
My Wife confirms the scedule, emails them back and says "Here's the price, we can get you in the schedule the 22nd with a deposit" or, "you can pay a rush of 3x our rate and my guys will work some OT and help you out before Monday"

They email back and say the client decided to go another route.

Maybe they thought we would just bust some renders for free?

Dave Drane

I'd say walk away while you are still ahead! Some people are a wast of space so forget it and make room for the REAL customers.

visual800

people that are in an extreme rush and hurry are often slowed down with a price! That's all it takes....a price.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
It happens, yesterday I had someone try to sell me their 'sign shop' about 12 tire kickers, someone who wanted me to design them some 'sick' graphics for their trailer but not want to pay an art fee for the time to design it, had 3 people come in and not understand that custom illustration costs money because 'the guy in the flea market doesn't charge me for it' when all he does is show a clipart book not design out a demon monkey smoking a joint from scratch. what ... the ... ****. really. and that was before noon ... afternoon was luckily dead from the freezing rain that was coming down. but still.

SD&F

I find that the more trouble they are in the beginning, it only gets worse. Even if you land the job and it is perfect....they want more.

signswi

Way to stick to your guns! 3x charge for a rush is about right. Keep up that velvet rope clearly it's working, lots of people in line. :thumb: Love it when sign / vehicle graphic shops take design seriously.