• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why do I have to press PAUSE to get my Versacamm to print?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Pressing pause bypasses the heater warmup. If you wait till the heaters are at the set temperature it will start automatically. If you print before theaters are at temperature you could have print quality issues.

Good luck

damonCA21

It sounds like you have a fault with your heater system somewhere as it should only take a few minutes then start automatically. Does it say now heating when you turn it on? It could be the sensor, thermostat or heater board. I have them in stock for most models if you need them

It sounds like you have a fault with your heater system somewhere as it should only take a few minutes then start automatically. Does it say now heating when you turn it on? It could be the sensor, thermostat or heater board. I have them in stock for most models if you need them
Yes ... NOW HEATING

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah it's probably the thermistor and/or the heaters themselves. If you feel the platens and they are cold/room temp the heaters or heater controller is probably shot. If it gets really hot and still doesn't start printing, it's more likely the thermistor. It could be a mix of those though.

damonCA21

It's almost always the SSR on the heater board. It's either constantly on, so the overtemp switch "regulates" the temp at 60-70 deg. Celsius. Or it is constantly off and stays cool.
I have had them with about any part of the heating system faulty :D it seems to be quite random which bit fails