• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will filiment knifeless tape work here?

Speedsterbeast

I have to do some boat stripes for a client of mine.
There are three varying width stripes around the fly bridge that have corners, tapered widths and are on a sloped surface so I can't just cut a tapered stripe for them.

I was watching a demo of the knifeless tape (never used it) and thought if I run it along the edge of each stripe like a pinstripe, lay an oversized stripe down overtop of the old ones (they are painted) and then pull up on the tape to give my clean edge. I will have new clean stripes.

however,

...Isn't the filiment along the centre of the tape?
And if so, wouldn't there be a piece left under the new vinyl that I just layed?

-Any other suggestions on making this job easier would be appreciated as well.

-Cheers

...Isn't the filiment along the centre of the tape?
And if so, wouldn't there be a piece left under the new vinyl that I just layed?

-Cheers

Good post. I thought that the filiment was also down the center of the tape. Good to know that it's on one side. Makes more sense. "Smacks himself in the head"

Cale Frederick

It was my understanding that the knifeless tape filament was in the center of the tape. The tape portion itself is similar to 3M's Fine Line Striping Tape and the vinyl will not stick to the tape, therefor you would pull the filament and then pull the tape out from under the edge of the graphic and then re squeegee the edges. Here is a link to a video that shows them pulling the tape out from the edges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG7nRxkdG_E

letterman7

Can anyone post a photo of an actual vinyl edge that's been cut with this stuff? I can't see anything but a ragged edge happening when you pull something through vinyl.. sort of like using a butter knife to trim, especially if it's hot outside.

Just for curiosity sake, since I've never used a knifeless tape.

CanuckSigns

Can anyone post a photo of an actual vinyl edge that's been cut with this stuff? I can't see anything but a ragged edge happening when you pull something through vinyl.. sort of like using a butter knife to trim, especially if it's hot outside.

Just for curiosity sake, since I've never used a knifeless tape.

I'll try to take a photo later today for you, it's a very clean cut

HulkSmash

Here's a hood I recently installed on one of my cars.
Using Knifeless tape.

perfect clean cut.. or i wouldn't use it..
Heck.. suppliers wouldn't supply it if it didn't work.

Attachments

• 464133_563522201601_1046974007_o.jpg
    464133_563522201601_1046974007_o.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 100

idsignsil

Here is a half wrap we did. We used the knifeless tape on the sides.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 92
use the knifeless tape all the time it is one of my BEST tools in my arsenal it is def a game changer there is a small trick to it but once you figure it out it is amazing stuff! good luck and enjoy the results cause you will love them!