• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

will the real Pat Whatley please stand up....

Marlene

noticed in a thread this morning that we have two Pat Whatley's here on site, both from Montgomery Alabama, related? one joined in 2003 with over 4,000 posts the otehr in 2004 with only 20. just curious

PatWhatley

Huh?

Oh, that's my secret identity name. That way I can come in and post whatever I want and nobody will know it's me.

A long time ago the site wouldn't let me log in for some reason so I created the second account. Apparently now that the site WON'T KEEP ME LOGGED IN FROM POST TO POST I logged in under the old name. I thought that one had been deleted.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Huh?

Oh, that's my secret identity name. That way I can come in and post whatever I want and nobody will know it's me.

A long time ago the site wouldn't let me log in for some reason so I created the second account. Apparently now that the site WON'T KEEP ME LOGGED IN FROM POST TO POST I logged in under the old name. I thought that one had been deleted.

Check your browser security settings. I was having a problem and found that my browser settings had changed and Signs101 was listed as a site for which passwords should not be saved. Once I removed that exception, the problem was fixed. You may have a similar problem with cookie exchanges ... which are needed to stay logged on.

Gene@mpls

I followed your directions to allow S101 in Firefox when you posted before-
didn't help. I just checked to make sure and S101 is still listed as 'allow'. Still
have to log in each time. Gene

PS had a nice time in Fla last week- spent with abandon- highlights were
the Spanish fort in St Augustine and the National Naval Air Museum in Pensacola. Also a neat spanish fort on NAS Pensacola BTW. And then I
followed your directions to GO HOME.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
didn't help. I just checked to make sure and S101 is still listed as 'allow'. Still

the Spanish fort in St Augustine and the National Naval Air Museum in Pensacola. Also a neat spanish fort on NAS Pensacola BTW. And then I

I think something happened with the last Firefox upgrade. First close and open Signs 101 window. In FireFox, go to Options > Security > Saved Passwords and delete whatever you have stored for Signs 101. Make sure the box is checked for "Remember Passwords for Sites". Next open a window or tab for Signs 101 and log in. You should see a banner appear near the top asking whether or not to save that information. Tell it yes. It should solve your problem. It did for me.

Glad you had a nice time and thank you for helping our economy. :ROFLMAO:

Pat Whatley

firefox here autolog's me in no probs

That's the thing. Both computers at home and my laptop all autolog me in. Here at the shop I have to log in, it will show me logged in, I go to make a post and it makes me log in again.

I'm sure it's something on my end, not the website, but damn if I can figure it out.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's the thing. Both computers at home and my laptop all autolog me in. Here at the shop I have to log in, it will show me logged in, I go to make a post and it makes me log in again.

I'm sure it's something on my end, not the website, but damn if I can figure it out.

Try what I suggested in post #7.

Marlene

glad the mystery was sloved. we pulled the mask off Scooby and found Pat under the Pat mask! He would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those damn kids...I watch too much TV...

Jillbeans

I just keep thinking of the Slim Shady song.
And also how Pat doesn't like to be called Patrick.
:)
Love....Jill

OldPaint

YOU WAS AT N.A.S. .................and you went right by my place............thanks for sayin hi!!!!!!

BobM

YOU WAS AT N.A.S. .................and you went right by my place............thanks for sayin hi!!!!!!

And you missed OPeee......))))))) and his new SPPPEEEEEEDO with the quarter slot in the back>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>))))))))))))))))).:omg2:

Gene@mpls

Hey OP- I just this morning noticed that you were from Pensacola- mighta
stopped. Ya know you are only a year older that I am- I'm on SS now too.
Have you been to Fort Barrancas?- cool fort- scarps/counterscarps and a
water battery to skip shot off the water.