• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will VP-540 be cheaper?

design unfolds

As the economic is not good at the moment. Will any large format printer be cheaper in near future? I am based in UK by the way.

design unfolds

I talked to one of the dealer about 3 weeks ago. He said it will be more expensive because the POUNDS is dropping, therefore Roland will mark up the price to match the exchange rate. It doesn't make sense to me. That is why i ask here.

CustomRide

They would not go down enough to constitute waiting and loosing the profits from printing. I would not look at how much it cost. I would look at how much am I loosing each day. I guess if you are already printing and just want an upgrade this comment is mute. However if you are just getting into that is the way I would look at it.:thumb:

design unfolds

Just read from a web site that "Roland price rises". I am waiting them to drop the price. Hope it is not true as i am waiting them to drop the price.

Roland have announced price rises on some of their product range to reflect the very weak position of Stirling against the Japanese Yen. We have seen rises from all manufactures who ship product from Japan and it is likely that other products in the Roland line-up will be effected by the unfavourable exchange rate and we will expect to see further price rises in the near future.

http://www.spire-digital.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=57

InkjetAuction

Roland prices...

Look for US Roland equipment (printers/cutters/engravers) list prices to go up 5% in February.

Dealers will also take a bite with changes in the discount schedule.

List prices for ink will remain the same, but dealers will be hit with a change in the discount schedule.

On the positive side, Roland will be significantly be dropping the prices of it's media line, to get it more in line with the market.

NET NET...
If you are planning a Roland purchase, get it locked up in the next few weeks.... because the end user prices (after discounts) will be going up. Also, if you are buying discounted ink, your source will probably be re-evaluating discount pricing as the new dealer discounting takes effect...

For what it's worth...

weaselboogie

I personally hope they stay at price or even going up a bit would be fine too. The last thing we need right now is more hacks in the industry from even CHEAPER equipment when everyone else is hurting.

D

Digitall

I talked to one of the dealer about 3 weeks ago. He said it will be more expensive because the POUNDS is dropping, therefore Roland will mark up the price to match the exchange rate. It doesn't make sense to me. That is why i ask here.

Talked to my dealer yesterday and he said the same, prices going up with roland because of the Yen. He did say they were trying to hold ink prices however.

He introduced me to a new ink made in USA that is only $80.00 for the big cartridge and the chip reads several Roland machines. He is having great response, we are buying a set this week. He is currently selling it to a OHIO sign101 member who has a 12 cartridge machine and I understand the feedback is excellant

OldPaint

I personally hope they stay at price or even going up a bit would be fine too. The last thing we need right now is more hacks in the industry from even CHEAPER equipment when everyone else is hurting.
I AGREE, just think of how...I SEE all the newbies with printers............from watching this trade go into the toilet in the last 20 yrs.
starting with the VINYL, and people having no art talent or sence of what the worth of the work is.
now its worse cause printing is mostly paste and copy &PRINT from CD's and web sites.
not only that but the BUYING PUBLIC, has an idea of WE CUT EACH OTHERS PRICES, AT THEIR REQUEST.... and you wonder how that got started, huh.
SOON WAL MART WILL BE SELLIN CRICKET SOL-JET))))))))))) its that easy)))))

signpro

Manager
have you considered other Rolands? We got our Roland SP-540 last spring, couldn't be happier. we chose it becuase it was $4g's cheaper than the VP, and at the moment, it's not running nonstop everyday, so the slightly slower speed wasn't a concern. if in a few years it's running nonstop, we're obviously making more $ and can afford to upgrade. just a thought...

I have a SP300 and now looking to upgrade to a VP540
I love how alot of people that bought VP's are way over their heads in payments now and the market sucks are looking to sell..

Prime time for a used one!

Siguy

Yup, it all seems to be tied to the Yen worldwide.

Your currency tanking against the Yen = price rises.

I would look around for a second hand machine or a dealer demo model.

I just brought a VP300 that was used short term as a dealer demo machine and saved myself $8000 against the list price. It came with the full Roland warranty.

It was still $4000 lower than the best dealer price I could find for a brand new machine.

I weighed up the resale value of the machine ie - Easier to sell a 2 year old machine with 3 years still to run on the warranty than a machine brought secondhand with 1 year to run on warranty.

Obviously your budget comes into the equation too. I personally stepped over the mark of the budget I had set for a printer but weighing up the pros and cons it made sense to me.