• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Win Pc Sign With Roland Sc500ex

Red/Black86

hi guys. i have recently bought a roland sc500ex in need of some tlc. i have been making signs for a few years now with an ordinary plotter and i have always used the win pc sign software as thats what came with the machine when i bought it. so my question is can you use the roland sc500 as just a stand alone plotter with thw win pc sign software??

the main reason why i would want to use the roland as a plotter would be because it has a digital servo motor which would be a lot more accurate than the other machine i have which has the stepper motor.

i fully intend also to use the roland to print aswell as cut but it would be also nice to have it as a stand alone plotter without having to put everything i want to cut from coloured vinyl into colour choice.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

if i have not explained myself properly just let me know and i will try to make it a bit clearer.

regards

Ken

Red/Black86

Honestly dont know winpc very well. I deleted it straight away and opted for flexi.

i have been using winpc now for 4 years and never had any trouble with it. its probably what your used to really. hoepfully someone else will have used both winpc and roland before so they might be able to help me out.

thank you for your help

ken

Red/Black86

Go to setting - Plotter codes- Add/remove- find your machine in the list- Add

mark-s

hi mark it doesnt list my printer in that list. have you any suggestions? i do remeber i had to drop a .cfg file into the .cfg folder of signmax to get my other plotter to work but i dont have any such file for the roland.

Red/Black86

I run winPCsign 2007 pro and it`s listed in plotter codes.

mark-s

hi mark cheers for the reply. im running winPCsign letter 2005 and it doesnt list the roland. it only lists the plotter i bought the software with and a Redasil plotter.

im wondeing could you check the following for me and see is it listed in the .cfg folder for me.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SignMax\WinPCSIGN Letter 2005\cfg

i know yours might look a little different being WinPCSIGN 2007 but you might have the .cfg file for the roland in that folder. that might be why im not seeing it in my list.

i hope you can help me

cheers

Ken