• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wind Banners... best price & fast turnaround???

GypsyGraphics

I need to bid a job this morning for a brand new client, with a super tight deadline. I'd normally want to set a new cleint straight, right out of the gate, regarding reasonable time lines... but this client is a BIGGY... and i need to BRING IT to land them.

My current vendor has a one week turnaround on wind banners and i'm not thrilled with the price. Got any suggestions for a vendor who's fast at a good price?

windbanner.jpg

iSign

If the imprint were simple one color or text graphics, there are some exceptionally durable plotter-cuttable Dacron or nylon adhesive backed fabric materials that adhere very well to nylon, available in limited colors

Letterbox Mike

Orbus Orbus orbus! Definitely not the cheapest but you can still make a buck on them and their quality is about as good as it gets.

GypsyGraphics

When it comes to using a new vendor, i'll take a recommendation over a better price. With that in mind...

Not having dealt with Orbus, i can't comment on their product... but damn... their website is seriously lacking where information is concerned.

It appears they only have one pole height, which is either 3 or 4 meters.
(4 in the general description but 3 when listed next to the price)
The pole size is in meters and the flags are in inches. :help

The base is included, the bag is extra and the pole... who knows?

I selected a banner in hopes of being offered option as to hardware. Nope.

BUT they did however add a handling charge taking the $166 item to $280.22!!!

And apparently that handling charge applies to each and every identical item,
because when i changed the order to 4 the $280.22 price was quadrupled... $1,121.00!!!

Still, i assumed there was something included, such as that missing pole at some unknown price, which i would clear up with a phone call.

Three calls later... still no one available to take my call. No option to hold, just leave voice mail.... no thanks.

Air Art Girl

I just got some flags done last week. I place the order and picked it up the same week since I was going down that way.

here is a link, the pricing you will see is NOT professional pricing, they have a new site but I forgot the web address. Click this link, call them. They are super fast and reasonable priced.

http://www.neoplexonline.com/business-flags/

GypsyGraphics

Orbus Orbus orbus! Definitely not the cheapest but you can still make a buck on them and their quality is about as good as it gets.

Had to come back to this thread with a revised impression of Orbus!!!!

atinsignia's suggestion, i called Orbus last night and left a message (after business hours). Heard back from them first thing this morning and i have to say, i WAS IMPRESSED! i don't know what the deal was with the site i was on, but it was not a site for the trade. everything they sent looks top-notch and the people i spoke with were extremely helpful!

they are more expensive than the vendor i went with, and if i had
reasonable deadline i think the difference is cost is probably justified.

THANKS insignia, for encouraging me to take a second look!

if need be, i'll bump this thread a few times to make sure anyone who saw my prior post... see's this one too.

10sacer

+1 for Texvisions.

We did all the flags for the U.S. National Whitewater Center a few years back and they were very easy to work with.

GypsyGraphics

+1 for Texvisions.
We did all the flags for the U.S. National Whitewater Center a few years back and they were very easy to work with.

Did go to Texyisions' website, which was nice, found what i needed, requested a quote and had it in my email at 9:30am.

Both Orbus and Texyvisions are the quality i was looking for, but the combination of my super tight deadline and coming from the east coast made it risky to use them for this particular job.

i told you gypsy(post #3).... orbus, they do good stuff and we've used them quite a few times now. they do nice stuff and its not to bad on price......depending on what you get. see if you can get a rep around and they will bring all sorts of goodies to show you! lots of fun!!
you can also rent out some of there products for a few weeks at a time which is handy as all you pay is shipping.

GypsyGraphics

i told you gypsy(post #3).... orbus, they do good stuff and we've used them quite a few times now. they do nice stuff and its not to bad on price......depending on what you get. see if you can get a rep around and they will bring all sorts of goodies to show you! lots of fun!!
you can also rent out some of there products for a few weeks at a time which is handy as all you pay is shipping.

I should have known something was amiss when three of you were singing their praises. now, having spoken to them and seeing their material (sensational exhibitors handbook), it's hard to believe the site i unfortunately happened upon belongs to the same company (or an affiliate). i actually feel bad having posted what i did, but it was my honest experience with that site. that site needs to come down... it's got to be doing them more harm than good.

i'm really glad there are enough of you who posted in this thread, who have used them and can recommending them.

thanks rushworks!

ORBUS, tear down that site! (in my best Ronald Reagan voice)

Last edited:
we've had nothing but good customer service and the products we have had have been first class!
they also gave us a box of the exhibitors books to hand out to clients so they can see the stuff they sell and then order via us.
the rep we had was great, brought along a load of stuff with him and answered all of our questions.

visual800

I sent TEXVISIONS an email cause I did have a customer call and ask about these....2 days now, no response

Mosh

What material are they printed on? i get calls all the time for them and want to do them. We can sew our own hems and pockets on them...