• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Application

Chiproller

I'm doing my first window perf application today See design attached. It's going on the back of a van. A few questions:

Should I apply any extra adhesive liquid for the edges to keep them down?

I keep seeing threads about tools to use to ensure a straight cut around the edges. Will an exacto knife not work for this?

Thanks for your help and if you know of any other tips they are much appreciated.

Attachments

• Jon Sallee.pdf
    81.6 KB · Views: 182

XGSSDT

What Material are you using???
From my understanding you want to cut the extra material off at a 45 degree angle from the edge of the window. Cutting it straight off with the edge of the window can lead to failures.
Dan

jasonx

Trim it back.

I simply use a knife and push the blade against my finger. I then then my finger along the edge I can feel against and cut. Nice fluid motion = nice clean cut.

I then cut strips of optically clear laminate and edge seal all the edges. It doesn't fail this way and I've even had installs in our Australian outback be fine this way.

Not edge sealing can lead to failures. Moisture can get underneath etc etc.

Chiproller

Trim it back.

I simply use a knife and push the blade against my finger. I then then my finger along the edge I can feel against and cut. Nice fluid motion = nice clean cut.

I then cut strips of optically clear laminate and edge seal all the edges. It doesn't fail this way and I've even had installs in our Australian outback be fine this way.

Not edge sealing can lead to failures. Moisture can get underneath etc etc.

Great advice. Thank you!