• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Install question

yamaha581

I just did an install on some windows using Sihl value line 3215 80/20 perf and when you look at it from certain angles you can see marks in different areas. This is my first time using this material but is that common with this material or is there something I should have done differently on this? I have used other perf before and didn't have this problem so I wasn't sure if it is just more noticeable because it is a solid black color or what I should do to prevent this.

IMG_2432.JPG

unclebun

We don't laminate storefront perf. Just for vehicles. I once used a non-vinyl optically clear laminate that was made just for flat windows. But after some experience we stopped using it because we found that long term durability wasn't really the primary concern with store window signage.

guillermo

What printer you used to print it? when I started using our HP Latex printer, I had that finish on almost any material, I touched and left some "greasy" marks, but found out that it was the temperature, not enough to dry the ink, after figuring that out, I get really a nice finish on the prints.

yamaha581

What printer you used to print it? when I started using our HP Latex printer, I had that finish on almost any material, I touched and left some "greasy" marks, but found out that it was the temperature, not enough to dry the ink, after figuring that out, I get really a nice finish on the prints.
I do have an HP that I use for some but this was printed on our Epson S80600. I noticed this on these windows from the epson and I just did some from the HP that were the same.

unclebun

The good thing is you don't have to do anything about the squeegee marks. We get them on vehicle windows and after a couple of days out in the sun they go away.