• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window perf problems..

I installed my first window perf.. It didn't go very well. My main problem is trimming around the edges. I had a good amount of bleed and had to trim the edges of the whole back window of the pickup truck. When i tried to shove the edge of the vinyl into the corners between the windows and the rubber border of the back window it would tear, it didnt stretch too easily. And it was hard to trim to the edges because the vinyl covered the edge and was hard to see exactly where the edge was.

Are there any tips you guys can give on how to trim it easier? should I use a torch/heatgun before trimming to make it fit to the edges better?
Thanks

AUTO-FX

hard to say without seeing what exactly you were doing, but here's an old auto painter's trick for working with the rubber seals. if you jamb a length of rope, 3/16 nylon or something like that , under the perimiter, it will raise the seal edge up enough that you can tuck your print under. leave a little bit of rope hanging out so you can pull it out easily.

Perf printing problem

I just printed some window perf and it looks faded.. i used MCVP profile on Roland xc540. Im wondering if maybe the hole sizes are bigger on our new perf material.. any ideas?