• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window shop aggravation....

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
SO, my saturday night plans were altered somewhat.
my shop is in a square that has MANY 40"x50" front plate windows. guess what got smashed?
two hours later, we got a piece of lexxan to fit in it. (i live 45 minutes away, so...)

my question is, how can i prevent this from happening?
1 does safety glass work?
2. should i wrap the bottom windows with pref. vinyl?
3. should i get a doberman to patrol the front windows at night?
4. should move into my shop and lose my love life?
5. should i get some flowerboxes installed(myself of course) to get poeple to walk away from the windows...

in three years, two windows out of 16 has been replaced. the worst part is i have two 80"x52" windows that i really DON'T want to have to replace...

-mosher

ibikestickers

While you can't keep the glass itself from getting smashed, you can have security film installed. It's what most people call "window tint" but much thicker and can be totally clear or have additional solar reflective properties to help with air conditioning and fade reduction. Google window tinting in your area and make sure you get someone who knows what they're doing. You're probably looking at $6.00+ per square foot though.

omgsideburns

Did someone smash it out, or did it just break? If someone just bonked it with an elbow or something on accident while walking by and it broke then there is probably a bigger problem than keeping people away from the window. Probably need to look at what kind of material is being used and how it's being held in. I'm not a window guy though.

The only window we've had break was when a wheel came off of a truck and rolled right through our front door. Good aim!
:corndog:

Mosh

I like the flower box idea, but if someone wants to smash a window, not much is going to stop them. Move your shop to a nicer part of town....

d fleming

Film and Lexan should help for sure, and you should get a Dobe! They're the best friend you'll ever have. The one in my avatar went to puppy heaven last Thursday, everyone should have a pal as great as Dude was. I have his son and two daughters still, and they're beautiful and just awesome family members, but they're not their Daddy. He was a once in a lifetime dog.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Get some storm/security shutters and close them up after hours.
The accordion type are easy to open/close and aren't too ugly when open.
Most have them here due to the storms we get.

wayne k
guam usa