• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 7 and cutter/printers

landdesigns

Decided to upgrade my computer , new computer has windows 7. What a nightmare! trying to get my Roland cm-300 to run, having all kind of problems installing a driver for it and also having problems getting a driver for my Verscamm vp300i to run. Very frustrating, wondering if anybody else has experienced problems with windows 7 and their software?

Bly

Yeah I bought a new workstation with 7 installed and had no end of trouble with drivers. In the end I ditched it and went back to XP.
Since then I installed an app on another PC which said if you have trouble installing the driver in 7 hold down one of the Function keys while starting and it will let you install unsigned drivers.
Don't remember which key but I'm sure you can find it with some cunning googling.

WildWestDesigns

I didn't have any problems with my cutters on 7, but when you install you can run compatibility troubleshooter and you can have it run in XP Service Pack 3 mode if you have a hard time installing it. If you manage to get it installed and just can't get it to run, right click the icon, click on properties, click on the compatibilty tab and then run it in XP mode.

anthony smith

We got everthing to work but the print spooler acts up just stops for
no reason so you have to go to services.msc and turn back on
usually a couple times a day
no one been able to fix or tell me what to do
i print to a epson 1400 a xeorx a mimaki graphtec plotter and a mimaki plotter
sometimes running servral at once with no problems then
out of the blue nothin print spooler
just cuts off
any one else seen this with win 7

WildWestDesigns

There was one time that my driver got dropped from my GX7000, but I just re-installed the driver and it's been good to go ever since.

landdesigns

got on Rolands website followed directions to install Versaworks and driver, nothing comes up the same on directions, No luck installing a cm-300 cutter either, this Windows 7 is bad wish i didnt upgrade !

round man

windows 7 32 bit has not been a problem here the problems start when you try to find 64 bit drivers and such.Most of the hardware out there has been designed to run on a 32 bit system along with 32 bit software (xp is 32 bit with the very rare exception). while most 32 bit programs run fairly well on 64 bit systems the addressing issues with 64 bit drivers are somewhat cutting edge for most software authors who learned their trade working on 32 bit systems,..alot of folks are having to go back to their studies to relearn 64 bit addressing.

Esmae

windows 7 32 bit has not been a problem here the problems start when you try to find 64 bit drivers and such.Most of the hardware out there has been designed to run on a 32 bit system along with 32 bit software (xp is 32 bit with the very rare exception). while most 32 bit programs run fairly well on 64 bit systems the addressing issues with 64 bit drivers are somewhat cutting edge for most software authors who learned their trade working on 32 bit systems,..alot of folks are having to go back to their studies to relearn 64 bit addressing.

Beat me to it :)

I have 32 bit windows 7 installed on all of our computers. It solved all of my initial problems with 64 bit W7

Mike F

Beat me to it :)

I have 32 bit windows 7 installed on all of our computers. It solved all of my initial problems with 64 bit W7

I third this, my laptop originally came with Win7 64-bit, had to install 32-bit to get Versaworks running smoothly.

Mike F

How do you go about installing 32-bit ?

You're basically gonna have to get a copy of it and do a fresh installation to replace your 64-bit installation. Make sure you back up any and all files you might have even the slightest need for.

88flstf

upgrading

We've just upgraded to a VS640 and are now going to upgrade the computers. Looks like some have no luck with 7/64 and some do. CS5 runs on 64 so I'd like to go that way but I don't need issues either.
Roland Japan basically says, 'might work'.