• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windshield decal

sdimmick

I have done a few decals for the tops of windshields, some good, some bad...is there a standard arc/diameter to make these? I really cant stand seeing my work run around not completely correct.

DRamm76

It's all going to depend on the vehicle and windshield style. Not to mention the text and graphics used. There are some decent template programs you could look into as well to make this easier.

OldPaint

go to a good hardware store, that sells metal. get a 60" piece of 1" wide flat aluminum.this is long enough to go across most windshields of cars. have 2 people, one on each side, hold aluminum stock and find the lowest point of the windshield curve and put it up agaisnt that should be the center.now on each corner get a measurement of how much window is exposed above the aluminum.this will give you number of how much to make the arc on the computer. in corel make a straight line the width of the windshield. find center, and now make a straight line, convert to object, then extrude, and drop the center of the line the same distance you measured on each corner of the windshield.
WALA!!!!

"Deposit Please"

Rear view mirror is the center of your windshield. Mark the center of you graphic. Align the 2 points & put your hinge there. When i apply, i follow the top frame of windshield as i squeggee. I slightly curve it as i go. You can simply place marks on boths sides with a stabilo & use that as reference for accuracy, or you can eyeball it.

AUTO-FX

make a tracing of windsheild top with masking paper, tape it to the wall and take a picture. import pic and overlay graphic. distort to fit.