• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wine Label Material

derailedesigns

Hey there, i am looking into producing wine bottle labels with my BN2-20A. Ive been trying to find a paper product, with an adhesive backing, on a roll of any size, that is compatible with eco-solmax2 ink. Unfortunately, i havent had much luck. It seems any material i can find only comes in small sheets, and seems like poor quality. I would like to be able to make a label that competes with high end wineries, maybe not with all the embossing, and gold stamps, but a label that has a similar touch and feel to a good quality wine label.

It looks like Avery Denison has a wine label division, but i havent been able to track down the materials for purchase. Also, i seen Roland has a 20in roll of paper adhesive but im not to sure thats the product that would best fit my needs. Ive gone ahead and contacted all of my wholesalers for any information or recommendations on the proper material to use for an application like this, but they were only able to point me in the direction of label companies that dont actually sell just material.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks

unclebun

Most wine labels are not self-adhesive. They are paper labels and the winery uses either a manual or automatic label gluer to put water-based adhesive on the paper label.

unclebun

There are paper materials made for solvent inkjet which would work. Cutting would not work in the plotter part of your printer because it's not stuck to a backing paper. So you'd have to use a paper cutter to cut your labels apart. Briteline, Epson, Gerber, Magic, Sihl, and others make solvent inkjet paper materials.

Signstein

Yupo Octopus? It's paper, stickable, and compatible with solvent inks:

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Bottle labels are usually polypropylene films. Most are non adhesive because it's more cost effective for automated labeling of large runs of bottles, and rolls are all custom sizes, whether adhesive or not for production lines. There are sources for adhesive polypropylene from places like Like Big Systems off the top of my head (used to get from there for glass decals on window displays in stores). The issue is these films are only compatible with UV, aqueous, Indigo, laser, dry powder electrostatic, some for latex, but not solvent because it reacts with the poly. So the Roland is out :(