• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Winplot leaving out lines

RyanT

Director of Entropy
I've had this happen a few times and haven't been able to find a reliable workaround. I have a path design in Inkscape, export it as a pdf, load it into Winplot, and there are random lines left out. I've tried different export settings, recreating the paths from scratch, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I know this because I just cut 20 decals with path lines missing that I didn't notice, and now I have to hand cut them...

First image is inkscape, second is winplot. Notice the gaps in the bottom right segment of the C and the top of the I.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Inkscape CI.PNG
    Inkscape CI.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 466
  • Winplot CI.PNG
    Winplot CI.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 311

RyanT

Director of Entropy
A little more investigation...

The missing lines are present in the pdf (which was exported from Inkscape). I believe the problem occurs when the Fill color is removed from the inside of the letters (which are paths) in Inkscape. If I export as pdf with the Fill in place, it imports fine into Winplot. If I remove the fill do the same, lines are missing.

How does Fill between paths effect the way the file is imported into Winplot? Further, there is a vertical line missing from the weeding box around the text - this was never filled.

Now I'm thinking this is an Inkscape + Winplot thing, so maybe I'm in the wrong forum. Not sure yet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• export import issue _comp.jpg
    export import issue _comp.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 352

AF

The plotter cuts the path, not the stroke or the fill. It appears based on what you have attached that the cutter is exactly cutting what you are sending it, but your expectation of the plotter knowing to cut the perimeter of the fill is where the issue is. Select your artwork in your vector program, turn off fill colors, make all strokes hairline and fix any missing lines before sending to winplot.

letterman7

Not being familiar (or even heard of) Inkscape, it's likely the .pdf filter from it when you export to Winplot. Usually I have to import .eps files to WP; can you do the same with Inkscape?