• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wiper "beep" error (jv3 160sp)

artbot

i've had for months a "change wiper" warning on my screen. i had changed it, but didn't go through the maintenance screen during the change. so the printer was oblivious to the change. so, yesterday i hear a "beeeeeep" (never a good sound).

the screen reads

( WIPER )
PRESS <ENTER> KEY

i press enter, the printer goes about it's business doing a cleaning cycle. the wiper and motor function seems normal, etc.

so i go to the maintenance screen, do a proper wiper change. turn the printer on, no error.

...wake up today. the printer threw the same wiper error over night.

stumped.

MikePro

i had this a while back before my head issues you helped me with...

ink buildup on moving wiper parts, is my best guess
as it was my issue back when I got the error message for the first and only time.

clean the 2 silver rails the wiper travels on AND go in through the back of the printer and peel/scrape/clean all the gunk off the gears. I must have pulled out a fist-sized wad of ink scraps... o, and almost forgot that there's a trigger/switch (when looking at the wiper from the front) under the right rail that registers wiper open/shut and that needs cleaning too as it sticks when ink builds up.

artbot

thanks for the quick replies. i took a look at the wiper assembly. quite clean. i clean the wiper manually every night, just doesn't seem good to have a wiper with dried ink on it doing any cleaning.

the error has only happened once today. hopefully it's not a sign of the wiper motor getting old. this machine has very few miles on it...

thewood

I would guess that some part of the assembly is gunked up--either the wiper rails, the gears, the area under the belt, the switch etc.

MikePro

aye, i thought about whether i should respond with that idea considering I'd imagine artbot's machine is most likely immaculately clean. never hurts to throw it out there tho' for future readers :)

if anything, i'd run a series of wiper exchange/carriageout's and try to force it to error/listen to what's happening.

artbot

thanks @M@CK i'll check that too.

@mikepro, the other day i noticed cat foot prints all over my machine (almond latex). my beautiful girlfriend was reverse painting some PETG (which prints really well with triangle inks) and the cat must have walked across the parts then onto the printer. also i noticed some head issues only to find out that my heads had cat hair on them. grrr! i can't stand cats. if there was a big shiny red button with the phrase "planetary cat eliminator", i swear i'd push that button while taking a bite of a turkey sandwich. no regrets.

MikePro

you just have to get into the mind of a cat... i bet if you pee'd all over your printer, then the cat will get the idea that its YOUR TERRITORY and stay away... but then again, idk what's worse for your printheads... cat hair or urine :ROFLMAO:

how about rubbing catnip on your power cords? not your fault if your g.f.'s cat chews through it, right?

artbot

also, both chairs in my office are destroyed from clawing, and what's the last thing a guy wants to see when he's deep in the netherworld of advanced photoshopping? a cat head poking out from behind the monitor. those are some creepy animals. damn.