• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper holder replacement

GVP

Hi. Can anyone help? Need to replace the wiper holder on our VP-540. Trying to remove the mechanism - can get the front (motor end) free, but there appears to be a screw holding the back end - you can just see the thread, meaning it's screwed in from the other side. How do I get to it? I can't see a way without major disassembly - could really do with some words of wisdom!

TIA

Bigdawg

Just Me
We changed ours a couple years ago and if I remember correctly they had to pretty much take all the covers off the front and back at that end...

Joe House

It's been a while since I've done on of those, but check under the pads at the bottom of the wiper assy. I think there's a screw or 2 down there. It's not a fun operation.

Good Luck

GVP

Still trying with this. Anyone know how to take off what is called the rear Apron on the Versacamm - it's the stainless piece that runs the width of the machine at the rear, where the material runs over it to the pinch rollers. According to the notes, it's just four screws along the bottom edge, which I've removed, but it still won't budge. Any ideas?
TIA