• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wireless ethernet??

SCOTTD

I had to buy a new compter to run our 540v, new computer only has 1 etherent connection and I cant find an aftermarket card to add on ( it is a slimeline computer)

Can I run a wireless router for my internet and use the factory installed port for the printer ( which I am using currently) this computer needs to be hooked up to the computer and the interent too.

Thanks

cgsigns_jamie

If your wireless router has ports for a wired network then you already have everything you need. Just connect the printer to one of the ports on the back of your router.

I would recommend connecting the computer to the network via a wire as well. I'd be paranoid that during a long print the wireless connection would drop out and the printer would stop in the middle of printing.

Also if your network uses DHCP to assign IP address make sure you create a DHCP reservation for the printer. Sometimes the DHCP server will assign the same IP address as the printer to another device which will cause connection issues. If your not sure how to do that list the model of the router here and I'll see what I can do.