• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wondering a couple things

hammered

I have one of the SSK Designtech 60 machines. It was a great starter machine and cuts wonderfully. I got to thinking since its one of the older Graphtec CE3000-60s anyway that maybe it couple have the optic sensor installed. Graphtec says no. And just a few months ago they stopped carring the Bomb Sight that would fit this model. So I was wondering, does anyone know where I might start looking for one OR what kind of issues I might run into if I tried to fit a small pocket laser pointer for the same effect. It would be nice to carry this to small MX events and car club shows as well as some of the regional Paintball events my area hosts. Would I be looking to line up at the knife holder? would I need an offset? Just wondering if this has been done before and maybe theres a bolt just waiting to make my little starter worth keeping. Thanks for reading and any input.

hammered

Hmm. #0 looks and no one has used a bomb sight for registration markers? Guess this will be a first.

D

DARLAK

its all about the rep hammered...one wrong answer and you could be in for a cinnamon....

seroiusly though, i think the laser pen is a great idea

Urq

The laser is a great idea I might try that on one of my plotters to see how it works??

hammered

I found this crappy little $20 laser at the local RadioCrap. Really close to the knife holder dia. Ill run it on the lathe in the morning. Should I be looking at marking the laser on the crosshair reg mark or should it be offset? Ive never seen or used a bombsight so Im not even sure where they were mounted. I guess Ill figure it out one way or another. Now to stay focused long enough to follow through. (damn ADD) :biggrin: