• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work Order Templates?

2B

Have an ongoing headache about having customers preliminary orders/information/estimates/etc... being written on whatever is handy and then being forgotten, misplaced, or cant decipher the short hand of who wrote the info down.

Interested in what others are using for preliminary orders

Attachments

• Form Layout.jpg
    Form Layout.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 128

iSign

while you wait for replies, I can tell you there will be a wealth of replies worth finding in a search for this topic

2B

while you wait for replies, I can tell you there will be a wealth of replies worth finding in a search for this topic
will try different wording on the search then, wasn't having much luck

signswi

Instead of forms and threads about forms use a point of sale terminal. Paper can be lost no matter how good the form is.

Mike F

This is what we're using at the moment, we really needed something so I drew that up right quick a few weeks ago and we ran some off on carbonless, definitely needs some revisions though. If anyone wants to pick it apart feel free, I could use the constructive criticism.

Attachments

• fng_wide_format_order_form.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 134

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I keep some printed work orders on hand for quick telephone and walk-in orders. Afterwards, I transfer the order to the computer in a MS Excel form.

Once the order has been entered, I convert it to a .pdf so the data fields don't accidently get changed. I scan in all customer generated notes, instructions and details, etc...and combine the entire mess into one .pdf file that gets filed according to the job (work order) number.

Each work order has a place to note when the job was completed, invoiced and when it was paid for. And each invoice includes line-item references to the work order number.

This system has worked well and has saved my tail a couple of times when I've misplaced a paper work order. Work orders from past years are sequentially archived on the computer for quick reference as well.

It's a circular system: each invoice can be traced to its work order, and each work order can be traced to an invoice number. It saves a ton of headaches when it comes to tracking down billing issues....and we all have billing issues from time to time.

And on another note, I use different colors of paper for each document (work orders, inventory, expenses, invoices, etc...) so I can instantly identify what is what in a stack of papers. It's about the best time saving effort I've found.

JB

Last edited:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
All my work order forms are pretty much the same as yours. All the important contact information (name of company if applicable, name of person requesting, phone number, address, date, etc) couple boxes for general ordering, a proof spot for a quick drawing, spot for materials customer requests used and a mini quote area for what I initially charged, if he paid a deposit and what remains.

Also have one for lettering jobs on big rigs ... is a big check list and lines next to what they all need (name, place of origin, txdot, usdot, mc, rrc, gvw, vin, truck number, fire extinguisher inside), some contact info, info on pricing and a small proof box for their company name drawing mock up. This one is more of a customer fills it out themselves sort of form while they wait for their turn.

Here you go.. This is a manual WO we use that for production floor and mirrors the Computer System Work order, Tracking and billing.

Could work perfectly as a handwritten stand alone.

Attachments

• BCmanualWO.pdf
    309.2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Kyle Blue

We have an interactive PDF I made about a year ago. We write down the information on a paper version, then fill out the PDF so we have it on file.

Attachments

• Job form.pdf
    219.8 KB · Views: 170

10sacer

Job Form... again

Here is ours. This is the written version. The tabbable form with automatic job numbering is done in Filemaker.
The grey boxes are the tabbed data holders.

Attachments

• WorkOrder.pdf
    142.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited: