• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WORK WORK WORK....Time for a hobby.

skyhigh

I've always been somewhat of a workaholic all my life......with the exception of my children's activities (ballgames, plays...ect). There are very few of those functions I ever missed. Well.....over the weekend I decided that I need a hobby.

When I brought this stuff home, my entire family thought that my body was taken over by an alien being, or that I must be suffering from some sort of dementia or breakdown. "A HOBBY"??? YOU???

HUH..... I always thought work was FUN!!!! Who needs hobbies, when I'm having all this fun making signs.

I have to admit, I didn't buy the best of anything, but I did make it out fishing yesterday and caught myself an 8" perch......or I think it was a perch. Yep......I'm a beginner at this fishin stuff.

Pretty funny stuff, thinking back to the 8 year old in the sporting goods dept. giving me pointers on what I needed. :ROFLMAO: But thats ok..... I know how to pack a cooler of beer better than him.

Attachments

• 0506120744.jpg
    0506120744.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 48

HulkSmash

come on out to bermuda some summer, and ill take you out on the boat for some REAL deep sea fishin!

HulkSmash

not sure if i'll make it out this year.. too busy....

My old man and I have a 42' sailing yatch... can't wait to get back on that thing..

WildWestDesigns

Always favored deep sea fishing in the gulf. Now I had to move up to this land locked state. I do miss it. Man I can taste that Red Snapper deep fried with lemon butter sauce.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Looks like your going for #20 with that tackle...

:tongue:

Attachments

• frog_pond.jpg
    frog_pond.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 51

AzGene

For me a line in the water, a cold beer and my feet up is heaven. Watching the osprey catch more than me is just an added bonus. Going up north for 5 days over Memorial day weekend. The White Mountains of Az has some of the best trout lakes in the country. And if I get ambitious I might even work at landing some bass, walleye or pike. Guess for me it's not a hobby, it's therapeutic. Good for you skyhigh, fishing is a good thing to be hooked on (pun intended).

signage

Your wife sent me a picture of you fishing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• sky fishing.jpg
    sky fishing.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 42

signage

The 8 year old looks like he know how to pack a cooler!

Attachments

• kid  cooler beer.jpg
    kid cooler beer.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 45

SignosaurusRex

Aaaaaaaah Yes! A little bit of fishing goes a long way!
My wife knows that when I go fishing, she may not see me for awhile.......like maybe a few days....certainly not until late night at the least. You get out my way John, I'll show you how to make the most of a day Gone Fishing!

skyhigh

Looks like your going for #20 with that tackle...

The 8 year old was trying to steer me towards a "Bait Cast" reel & rod combo for $90. Now I know why he had the grimace on his face when I chose the one I did. :Big Laugh

Mike, do you really think that fish knows what you're holding in your hand? I'm thinking the expensive gear is more to impress the guy standing next to you on the bank. Think catfish, bass & trout.....not "River Monsters", Marlin or Blue Fin Tuna

TheSnowman

Until the I start eating fish, and the cost of it goes through the roof, I'll stick to this...

attachment.php

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 59

SignManiac

I've retired from most of my hobbies. Surfing, Skydiving, Golf, Skiing, Windsurfing, RC planes. Now it's just motorcycle, shooting pool, some photography.

Come full circle again and loving the business all over again!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Since my early retirement has turned into a near full time pinstriping business, my hobby is learning to play the guitar fingerstyle like Chet Atkins and Merle Travis, Doc Watson et al. I recently gave up playing bass in a church orchestra after 15 years... there was an eager 18 year old kid chomping at the bit to take my place. It had been nearly 12 years since I had played guitar, but it all came back to me in a few days. I got a very limited edition Ovation 40th anniversary Balladeer re-issue - serial number 3 out of 40 for worldwide distribution. I decided I wanted to do something much more advanced than the strumming chords with a pick I had done since I was 8 years old and so took up the fingerstyle pursuit. It's one of the biggest challenges I've ever taken on. To hear the awesome sound of what I call the Stradivarius Ovation, go to YouTube and search for Stan Nowlin and select the Balladeer video. Stan is an old sign painter, but wait til ya hear how he can play a guitar fingerstyle! It'll take the rest of my life to come close to his ability... but that's why it's a hobby and not a serious pursuit. I know I'll never get to Stan's level - I just enjoy the journey trying.

Last edited: