• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

working with this material?

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
shown in this post is underneath a sign that blew off the building. when i tapped in with my knuckle, it felt solid,like marble.
am i right? why would anyone on earth do this? how would you reuse this sign band if a new tenant came in?

-Christopher

Attachments

• IMG_8537.JPG
    IMG_8537.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8538.JPG
    IMG_8538.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8539.JPG
    IMG_8539.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_85402.jpg
    IMG_85402.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 51

jtinker

Owner
When we have too much money we tried to get ourselves sued every once in a while, to even things out lol. Falling marble seems like it would be a disaster for anyone underneath it. 25lb Slabs of rock that can cut you like a dagger. Great idea :ROFLMAO:

nashvillesigns

marble slabs

great. because the sign that was up here, BLEW OFF.
clearly the marble was too cool to come with.
can i polish all the old paint off and stick a giant RTA on it?

jtinker

Owner
If I absolutely had to work with it, I would put it in an aluminum frame for 1 then probably do some sort of gold leafing after I took that old lettering off. Aside from being really freaking dangerous the marble looks really classy.

Billct2

Must have been nice to work in an era when a simple small shop planned on being in business for a lifetime or two or three and wanted a sign that reflected that. They weren't planning on anyone ever having to replace it, why should they?
I have seen signs like this and I'm not sure if they're marble or something else, but properly installed they will stay there for 100 years as this one has. It's a shame this one has been ruined. I guess it would be possible to clean and polish it then releaf but you know that ain't going to happen.

nashvillesigns

material

Yea, covering over this stuff is gonna happen. installing the new panels, probably aluminum, is gonna be tricky.
diamond drill bits!
here i come!

-mosher