• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap advice on an old van

artofacks1

I got a 2000 Chevy Astro van and was thinking of designing a wrap for it , than applying it.

The right side fender has a dent and so does the backside fender.

I'm debating if I should go to the junk yard and find a new fender for both than wrap the van or just wrap it as is.

Than again I'm thinking I shouldn't wrap the van or put any of my companies stuff on it period since its so old it may represent the company bad .

Your thoughts please...

rjssigns

I got a 2000 Chevy Astro van and was thinking of designing a wrap for it , than applying it.

I'm debating if I should go to the junk yard and find a new fender for both than wrap the van or just wrap it as is.

Than again I'm thinking I shouldn't wrap the van or put any of my companies stuff on it period since its so old it may represent the company bad .

Your thoughts please...

A full wrap will cover up a lot of "issues".

As far as casting a bad light on your business here is what I learned. Over the years we've run into clients that have bought new shop vehicles. They worked hard and earned them. Certain clients didn't think so and balked that they were being ripped off. The old: If I gotta drive a beater that's all you get too.

Even I have clients where I would never show up in anything but the ol' shop truck.

Depends on your clienteles demographic.

Not much help, I know. And truth to tell it makes not a bit of difference what you do. Can't please 'em all ad you'll drive yourself nuts trying to.

paulra

Dents

Incorporate the dents in your design to help hide them and show your clients how creative you are and how well you can wrap.

phototec

Your thoughts please...

I like the idea to replace the damaged panels (any color will do), then wrap the van, it is the best form of advertising your business, and most cost effective.

And the plus side is your van will not look bad anymore like it does now, it will look great with a new wrap on it.

If you make a great looking design, do a full wrap and put some nice looking wheels on it, it will make you business look way more professional and bring in new business, see photo below.

Attachments

• astro-van-wrap.jpg
    astro-van-wrap.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 87