• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap material

divers2deep

Hey guys,

I work in florida, I do have coverage when installing wraps but no air conditioned environment. I gave Avery 1005 a shot last wrap and saw that the material stretch a lot just by pulling the baking due to the air temp. I think I want to try a wrap material that may be thicker.

What are your views on this and what would you recommend for south fl ?

I am partial to Oracal due to great calendared vinyl they sell... I have not tried their wrap material. Is it thicker when combined with lam... All cast vinyl seems to be 2 mil.

Thanks

Kevin

CanuckSigns

yeah most cast material is 2 mil, the lam is 1.3-2 mil as well. I think you are going to have to find an air conditioned place to work. We don't have an install bay, but we do have a client who is a large truck mechanic, we give him a discount on his decals, and give him $50 every time we want to use his space for the day, he's happy, we get to install in a heated & A/C garage.

phototec

As others have said, it's NOT the media, most will have the same problem in the warm environment you are working in.

You say you do have "coverage", well if that is like a large carport, you could drape 4 mill clear plastic around all four sides leaving a overlap at one location for access. Get you a small 5000 btu air conditioner from Wally world for $139, and sit it on a chair next to the plastic, cut a hole in the 4 mill plastic around the small AC unit and seal it with duct tape, plug it into e 110v source and you will be good to go in about 15-30 minutes depending on the outside air temperature and how cool you set the thermostat on the AC unit.

Another plus, the positive air pressure will keep you new in-closed wrap area dust free!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14254284?...1=g&wl2=&wl3=13222959310&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

Or purchase a 17x10 car canopy at Harbor Freight for $192.99 and add the small AC unit.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-69039.html

:smile:

Attachments

• winterizing.jpg
    winterizing.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 75
  • 41RM-zkEAdL__SL400_.jpg
    41RM-zkEAdL__SL400_.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_8344__Small_.jpg
    100_8344__Small_.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 54