• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Requirement and Disclaimers forms

heyskull

I am looking for a form to give to a potential wrap customer explaining how we need the vehicle when left with us.
The issues I am having is that customers are leaving us vehicles with damaged paint work, rust and in a complete filthy state and cannot make them understand that the vehicle needs to be immaculate when leaving it with us.
Also I need something when handing the vehicle back to the customer explaining how to care for it and what to expect if it is damaged or needs to be removed.
I expect this has been answered before but I am struggling.

Cheers
SC

10sacer

This is raw data I compiled back in 2008 to make exactly what you are referring to.
Can't send you that brochure - but you can take this info and make your own.
Make sure to either give credit for what someone else has written or re-write the info yourself in your own words.
Use your own photos.

Attachments

• Why Vehicle Wrap.doc
    266.5 KB · Views: 301

heyskull

10sacer thanks for that, very informative.

Just trying to inform and educate clients as I am getting more and more numpties who come in through my door expecting that a wrap is a cheaper way to fill holes and cover rust!
My main issue is that wraps apply better to newer vehicles, due to them being usually cleaner and mark free.
Also I need clients to learn how to look after the wrap to get the most from it and realise that much like a vehicles paint work if you neglect it, it will not last as long.

SC

John Butto

Your words....

10sacer thanks for that, very informative.

Just trying to inform and educate clients as I am getting more and more numpties who come in through my door expecting that a wrap is a cheaper way to fill holes and cover rust!
My main issue is that wraps apply better to newer vehicles, due to them being usually cleaner and mark free.
Also I need clients to learn how to look after the wrap to get the most from it and realise that much like a vehicles paint work if you neglect it, it will not last as long.

SC
Just print this sticker and apply to front windshield.

Attachments

• numpties.jpg
    numpties.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 153

heyskull

Customer comes to collect then says ... "You can see my dent and rust still, I'm not paying" !!!!

Oh Dear!!!

SC

phototec

Customer comes to collect then says ... "You can see my dent and rust still, I'm not paying" !!!!

Oh Dear!!!

SC

Well, you could always put a Band-Aid over the hole or rust spot before applying the wrap, that should do it....:ROFLMAO:

worthy1

We get each customer to sign a terms and conditions before wrapping, we also take photos of all imperfections on the paint before wrapping to not only cover ourselves but also if the car comes back for removal you know of areas to take extra care with. We then give a care sheet along with the receipt/invoice.

Although we do the above it should be a secondary to the 'sell' itself. You would need to be having these discussions at the very start, before you get to any handouts. This is how simple it is for us to deal with all a few issues during initial conversations:

Us - Is there any imperfections in the paint such as rock chips, lifting paint, rust etc?
Customer - Yes there are....
Us - Basically anything you can see or feel will show up through the wrap. Although it helps make it look better it will still be seen/felt to some extent.
-------------------
Customer - Wow, that's expensive, maybe I should just paint it
Us - A common misconception is that vinyl is cheap, although 90% of the time it is, there are cases where it isn't. It was also never made to be a cheap alternative. It was made to protect your OEM paint and provide a removable option. The fact you can change colour at a cheaper rate is a credit.
If you want to paint paint, if you want to protect your current paint then wrap. What happens when you paint and then that gets scratched?
-------------------
Customer - How long does the wrap last
Us- Like the original paint it depends on how well you look after it and where it is stored. It has a recommended removal of 5 years but if it is poorly cared for it can be less than this.
--------------------
Us - Great you are booked in for XXX. Please make sure the car is dropped over with a thorough wash. Do not polish or wax. There is a charge if we have to wash.

Although the last one helps, a lot of people don't know how to wash their car properly and we don't expect it to be immaculate. Even if a car is immaculate we go through the same 3 or 4 stage cleaning process, just hopefully without a car wash....

Hope this helps, happy to provide a copy of our T&C's but again you need to do a lot of it before you get to that stage. also helps weed out the dreamers.

As always, undersell with the truth and then over achieve with the install! :smile:

dolce05

we always let them know...we are only as good as the surface we are wrapping on. Best surface : Smooth and shinny. And we take a sample and put it over a bad area to show the customer. Plus we have a line drawing of all sides of vehicle to check off any damaged areas that are of concern. Have the customer sign off. We do the same upon pickup. Show them that the vehicle is 100% damage free so 3 days from now when they return with a scratch, we'll show them that it wasnt there when it left.

worthy1

The marking down current damage is one I am unsure whether to implement.

Can understand the need for it but I am also weary that it then opens up the door for them to use it against you. It can be so hard to spot every scratch, dent, chip in a cars surface. Then where do you draw the line, if you do that do you then need to go through the door jambs/interior incase they try to blame you for things in there when the staff were moving/sitting the car. Do you need to check how well the engine runs, oil leaks etc.

Maybe my examples are a bit over the top but you get where I am coming from. To me if you don't do it then it is one word against another, which I would imagine would get thrown out of court, whereas if you do it and miss something (even the crazy examples above) then you have set yourself up to be liable.

Make sense, or is there more of a benefit do it that I am missing?

GilmoreGraphix

Damage disclaimer

Worthy1

The reason you document the damage first, is to protect you and your company, WHEN the existing damage prematurely fails the vinyl.
We are going thru this right now with a set of sprinters. The "Designer" of the project held the proofs back and had me quote a basic commercial wrap on a set of sprinters...having not seen them in person or the design. We have worked together before and the project was great. This time has been plagued with problems, like the main background image was 72dpi at 20th scale and not printable. We never saw the design or the first van until the Monday it was approved by the end client, and they expected both vans finished by Friday when we first meet.

Now, we have been running 8-10 business days out, and to start their production (which was another 4-8 business days), as we are a small custom shop, and the "Designer" neglected to tell his "Project Manager" or CUSTOMER about this one little fact. We take the job and push them until the next week for install of the first van, when we have the first near death of one family member, then another family member does die. All the while we have more work being approved that started before this project or all the family chaos. As we have just learned of the death, I get told our 50% deposit check is finally ready (2 days after we supposedly started the project and they neglected to bring to our meeting on Monday) and meet with the "Project Manager" and "Designer" and tell them we are dealing with a death in the family and will be out of state for 4 days not working...but they assumed the deadline did not change.

Now they are using the loss of a date that has never been firm, as leverage, to get us to give up money on the job. The second van, a 2006 Sprinter with dents, rust, rock chips, existing vinyl and more Primer94 in the channels than should be on 10 vans, is somehow OUR responsibility to FIX before wrapping because the "Project Manager" said I said we would do it. I Spent lots of my youth doing body and paint, and would NEVER tell anybody I would fix a F*@KING SPRINTER for FREE! Now, being that I'm not an *******, and thinking the end customer should not suffer, we give them more than I would give good friends on the deal. And they keep pushing, and now want even more.

Stand your ground. Do not give in. Document everything. If you don't tell them you document, that is fine. But take pictures and document. We rewrote our delivery contracts just for, and because of, this one job.

That all said. I agree with you, its too much. You should not have to treat customers like they intend to do you harm...but for us, It REALLY feels like this time they are.

AF

So you don't include free full body work and a new paint job with a one-day turnaround for your wrap clients? If you do this, it will make for some serious eye rolling when they try to shop your numbers around town on the next one. Good luck getting through this, and never let a designer spend your time or money. They can promise things all they want, send him/her a bill for what they promised and use it as part of the education process on how to work together.

worthy1

GilmoreGraphix

Ouch! not a good story at all.

That is exactly what we do. We have a disclaimer in our T&C's about damaged paintwork and non OEM paintwork. We then have the chat to them on drop off and then also take photo's.

We do not go to the extent of every bit of damage as to me its pretty hard for a customer to say we did damage when we have photos of their car with damaged paint work. I guess the issue is what is stopping us from damaging the paint, then taking a pic of it to say it was already there.

Interesting take on it and maybe we need to tighten things up but I think either way the customer will fight it no matter what (if they are that type of customer)

Good luck with it all and hope it all pans out! makes me glad I don't deal with project managers