• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapped This Motorcycle

ams

A buddy of mine bought this bike for $500. It was bright yellow and I wrapped it with Oracal 970RA Blue. Turned out nicely, he is happy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 198

2B

yup, that a death machine.

wrap looks good and all of the yellow is covered

ams

Thanks, I have a photo at the office of it before I started, I'll post that tomorrow so you can see how ugly it was with the yellow.

T_K

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to wrap that? I've done vehicle wraps before (mostly partials), but never something with so many complex curves.

ams

Nice.:thumb: How big of a piece did you start with for the tank?

About 8" bigger than I needed, I didn't want any chance of coming up short, it took like 4 hours to wrap the gas tank alone and had to heat the same piece of vinyl like 4 times, it was nuts. Crazy curves, toughest I've ever done.

ams

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to wrap that? I've done vehicle wraps before (mostly partials), but never something with so many complex curves.

The entire bike not including cleaning was about 7 - 8 hours. It was a very slow process.

x2chris7x

About 8" bigger than I needed, I didn't want any chance of coming up short, it took like 4 hours to wrap the gas tank alone and had to heat the same piece of vinyl like 4 times, it was nuts. Crazy curves, toughest I've ever done.

I know what you mean... We did this one a few years back. 4 hours on the tank, and another 4 hours for the other pieces...

Attachments

• IMG_1329-2.jpg
    IMG_1329-2.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1334-2.jpg
    IMG_1334-2.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 149

ams

Here is the before photo. Ugly and very dirty.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 225

joelswork

I'm pretty new to the wrap part of the business and have been doing a lot of fleet color change wraps. One of my passions is my motorcycle and I e been given permission to use what're we have extra at the shop to practice with. I tried the tank in one piece, and almost had it until a melting episode with a trigger happy assistant (also removed my arm hair. Due to limited film (1080 matte green) I had to rip half of it off and do it as a two piece. I've since ordered what I really want it done in and am eager to try again.

what turned out to be even harder was the headlight assembly! I've tried everything and finally just handed it to our installation manager who took a couple attempts to get it right! Half a ball with flats and recesses is not easy!