• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a Helmet... with a drum

Chriswagner92

Has anyone here seen this? or tried it and have any opinions on this? i think it looks fairly straight-forward but videos always seem to look easier than they are.

[video=youtube;LFEvctCEYq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFEvctCEYq8[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
did it last week with a goalie mask, it definitely helped, but still is ridiculously hard to get it right...

SignManiac

I can't see it being easy with complex designs and getting the registration right. Okay for run of the mill bowling balls. Hmm? custom wrapped bowling balls. Do they make a material for that. I think I've discovered a whole new industry!

TheSnowman

It's got to be one of the easiest ways to do it, if there is an easy way. I picked up a plastic 55 gallon drum from a friend to try it, but I still haven't ever done it. I'd think anything that wasn't totally smooth would still suck. I wouldn't EVER try anything but a totally abstract design that wouldn't matter I wouldn't think...but the light in the bottom of the drum idea may make that chance a little better with some registration.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
did this before, easy enough, just stretches like sin so avoid words, avoid easily distorted art, and use edge prep & sealer like a smart man should. Just set proper expectations that they shouldn't **** with the edge cause it still wants to pull up even after you've heated the memory out of the plastic.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
It's got to be one of the easiest ways to do it, if there is an easy way. I picked up a plastic 55 gallon drum from a friend to try it, but I still haven't ever done it. I'd think anything that wasn't totally smooth would still suck. I wouldn't EVER try anything but a totally abstract design that wouldn't matter I wouldn't think...but the light in the bottom of the drum idea may make that chance a little better with some registration.

I would do an eyeball helmet, since the place you first start pushing won't distort.

TheSnowman

Oooooo...that'd be creepy. Maybe two of them just to hang up side by side...then fill in the tops of them with glow in the dark just to freak me out a little more. Then again, they could also be confused for a set of breasts if you aren't careful.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If the temp could be turned down a little one could skip the helmet part and stick their head down in there.
(the 31st is just a few days away)

wayne k
guam usa

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I peeling the backing paper off, held it up to the light and used a sharpie to mark some reg. marks right on the glue.... then I knew where to start pushing the helmet into.

biggmann

Tried a few helmet wraps like this and each time just a different technique and never had success like the video. I was using the 1005ez film with lamination and I think thats just too much stretch for that film.