• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping an exhibition stand... Possible?

MikeyG

Hi there!

I run the large-format printing department in an exhibition and events design and manufacturing company.

I've just been asked by the company owner if it is possible to 'wrap' an exhibition stand! He's thinking of times when we have, for instance, a counter-top, which is initially constructed using a colour-coated MDF.
Would we be able to then use a vehicle-wrap material to change the colour of the counter-top?
I know he is also thinking of wrapping walls of stands in the same way...

Is this possible? Can it be done?
And if so, what sort of vinyl could be used? (We'd like to be able to print client-specific colours using a Latex printer.)
What sort of laminate would be needed to allow the vinyl to stand up to two or three days of exhibition delegates leaning on it?

I've not had opportunity to try vehicle wraps yet (although we are, hopefully, buying a Latex printer soon. So I should be able to give it a go!). I just don't know enough about the subject yet!

I welcome any advice or help on the subject!

Very many thanks!

Saw Trax

Sure - If its a flat counter top no problem. For a temporary show you would just print, laminate, and apply to the counter top as if it was any substrate. I use to work as the creative director for a large trade show company and we did this all the time. We've even printed direct to melamine on our Mimaki flatbed printer.

Also, I used to wrap the octonorm extrusions we used to construct our exhibit booths with car wrap vinyl - we used 3M or Avery brand wrap vinyl for those applications.

-Larry

Richard G

Do It

This is my kitchen (my wife's that is) and i removed to doors and bought some European hinges and some mdf and covered everything with Arlon 6000. I did the counter tops 6 years ago and they still look good and i did the cabinets 3 years ago. Wood grain outside with white interiors. the only thing i would suggest is that on the counter tops use some floor lamination to make it last even longer.

Attachments

• Kitchen.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 50

rjssigns

This is my kitchen (my wife's that is) and i removed to doors and bought some European hinges and some mdf and covered everything with Arlon 6000. I did the counter tops 6 years ago and they still look good and i did the cabinets 3 years ago. Wood grain outside with white interiors. the only thing i would suggest is that on the counter tops use some floor lamination to make it last even longer.

Smokin'!!! Our kitchen has seen better days and this looks like the ticket.:thumb: I even have a roll of 10mil embossed lam for the countertops.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

That is truly sa-weet !!