• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping with laminate

Vinyldog

Just wondered if anyone had ever tried a car wrap with Laminate? I would like to wrap my white car using a clear film with a pearl finish, and I haven't found any wrap films that meet that description, but their are clear laminates that do.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ritrama used to have some really nice CAST laminates with unique finishes that you could use. I would check them out

J Hill Designs

Just wondered if anyone had ever tried a car wrap with Laminate? I would like to wrap my white car using a clear film with a pearl finish, and I haven't found any wrap films that meet that description, but their are clear laminates that do.

I swear there are white pearlescent color change films out there...

Vinyldog

I am interested in Hexis if I decide to just go clear. I saw it featured on Leno's Garage. US cutter is my only regular supplier that carries it but they only have it 24in wide if their on-line catalog is correct.
I know there are some nice white wrap vinyl's out there but I want to maintain the factory color for this car.

Last edited:

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Keep in mind the Overlaminates are the weakest links in wraps, with the shorter lifespan compared to the vinyl as they are much thinner.

J Hill Designs

I am interested in Hexis if I decide to just go clear. I saw it featured on Leno's Garage. US cutter is my only regular supplier that carries it but they only have it 24in wide if their on-line catalog is correct.
I know there are some nice white wrap vinyl's out there but I want to maintain the factory color for this car.

order direct from hexis

ams

Check out Mactac 6398 Metallic Enhancers

The Brillant Crystal gives a "Glass Shard" effect

The Silver Metallic is tiny silver specs.

I had a sample and they looked pretty cool. Subtle and enhanced the effect of the wrap. Ask your rep for a sample.
54" X 50' is only $271

jfiscus

Rap Master
Laminate is made with a PERMANENT adhesive, and it is super thin; it will NOT remove easily. Don't do it, you'll probably ruin the finish of your car.

Vinyldog

Good points. I really didn't consider the removal at all. After seeing it on-screen I realize also that adding a pearl finish is not maintaining the stock appearance. Shifting my focus now to just a clear protective wrap material.