• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrinkle wrinkle on that wrap

jkdbjj

So, we have started offering wraps two months ago or so. I have been turning these away since I opened in 2008 for the most part. However, I feel I am set up to now do them and keep up with other work load.

Since we started taking them in, we have done about 6 in the last month. What I noticed is on some tucked corners, and tucked edges I see the occasional wrinkle where it is squeegeed down.
I decided to look around at other wraps in my area that seem excellent at a distance, but sure enough wrinkles abound.
I am uncomfortable with this, but seems unavoidable to do a vehicle 100% wrinkle free.

How about the patrons here? Are you wrapping where there isn't a single wrinkle? Or do I need to be more realistic and stop beating myself up? Overall the quality we are doing seems vey very good, and gettin better since I finished wrap school.

Thanks

HulkSmash

that's kind of a loaded question. If it's a wrinkle we see, it comes out. Obviously some things get looked over, but avoidable and fixable if seen.

jkdbjj

I admit I am new so for me I am confident I see more on mine.

Particularly on the corner of panels.
When I went looking to see other wraps, it seems it was very common to see them on corners. I just wonder if customers are use to it. I know when I see one I try to do whatever I can to fix it. However sometimes it seems impossible to fix them, most likely to my inexperience at installation.
I suppose I am just wondering if it is possible to get to a level where commercial wraps can go out the door wrinkle free on those edges? I'm sure it's possible but from observation doesn't seem the norm.

jkdbjj

just cut it like in the middle of the V. fold it over each other.

One of my regular installers said that is how he keeps it clean (split and fold). He said if customers ask, he says maybe it isn't super clean looking but it should never fail.
On the other hand, being so inexperienced at this, I have to find that balance between what is realistic and what is not.

Thanks for the tip.

HulkSmash

Customers have no idea what they're talking about. Just like a customer telling you not to cut and drop the channels on a sprinter. They have no idea how it works.. a wrap isn't a paint job.