• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrinkled pop-up banner solution?

MGB_LE

We use lots of this material on our HP Latex 570 (Ultraflexx DSS 12oz. blockout banner) but we're having issues with wrinkling, possibly due to heat. My operators are saying with less heat, the ink doesn't dry.

How can we improve output?

IMG_1848.JPG IMG_1847.JPG

BigNate

turn down the temp, but turn up the fans, and maybe add a slight inter-pass delay.... basically give the Untraflex a cooler environment with a little more dry time. (okay, I am printing the Ultraflex on a 700w, so your controls may be different, but I think it should be very similar....) run some test patterns to see... I run density tests and find that I can get better results with 80-90% - use as little as needed to make accurate colors. But the less ink you use, the less ink you have to let dry.....

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Try Synaps. It is AWESOME. Latex approved. Lays perfectly flat in a banner stand (or when hanging). If you can't find anyone down in Texas who stocks it, I sell 36"x200' rolls for $243.42 for the 8mil. It is a synthetic media that feels like a polyester.

Signstein

Here's another thread with some more helpful info:

What worked for me was just cloning the Synaps profile and running at 20 pass, 80%, bi-directional, 160 degrees.
The stock PP/PE Film profile should also work with the same adjustments.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Shouldn't bee too much issues with temps on L700. So on that front I image even generic works if color looks good.