• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X3 upgrade from 11

mgieske

Is it worth the $179 to upgrade to X3 from version 11? I've been on the fence for a while & not sure if the new tools are a neccessity. Thanks in advance. Malcolm.

Jackpine

Yes! But you can get it from Amazon.com for $149.00 free shipping. I believe Corel has a sale on now......they send me notice by email. The X3 version is a "deal". The trace and node handling are worth the price. It has alot of good inprovments. Google some and checkout the pricing. My upgrade was $149.00 free shipping and a Wacom drawing tablel free from amazon.

Replicator

The Nicest thing about X3 is that the TRACE feature is built right in to the program and doesn't need to launch a separate application !
Definitely get X3 ! ! !

Precision Eng

Just got X3 a couple of days ago and the updated trace feature alone is worth the price. Also have Illustrator cs2 for tracing but X3 outperforms it in my opinion.

jhsdesign

I too, am still sitting on the fence. Corel 12 is running just fine (most of the time) and most of the people I deal with have not moved up either.
Any issues with file compatibility with lower verisons? I am assuming that x3 will open any version, but anything lower will not be able to open x3.
I will probably wait until after the first of the year to upgrade.

Jackpine, that sounds like a good deal you got into. How do you like the tablet?

ChiknNutz

I would personally advocate moving up to X3. I've used v9, v11 and v12 previously and can wholeheartedly recommend it for several reasons. As has been said, the new tracing function is great. Also, the way contours are now created with significantly less nodes than previous versions is a boon for vinyl cutting and simply does a superior job with smoother contours. Another cool feature that I use is the Smart Fill. You simply point to a closed area and it is instantly filled with the selected color. The bevel and round feature is also quite useful, though I used to accomplish this with the Oberon tools (www.oberonplace.com). Anyway, it is a significant upgrade and well worth it IMO.

Jackpine

I too, am still sitting on the fence. Corel 12 is running just fine (most of the time) and most of the people I deal with have not moved up either.
Any issues with file compatibility with lower verisons? I am assuming that x3 will open any version, but anything lower will not be able to open x3.
I will probably wait until after the first of the year to upgrade.

Jackpine, that sounds like a good deal you got into. How do you like the tablet?

It's very handy. My friend has had one for years. I thought of it as a toy ...... but it is not. Mine is wireless and the best part it was free. I bought the upgrade after the rebate program ended but sent it in anyway. They must have honored them until they ran out.