• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

x5 question?

Turbophein

i am designing my own diamond plate artwork, and its coming out good but each diamond has like 12 curves to it x 1000's of diamonds. so there is a lot to it. its slowing down my cpu like crazy! 1tb 8gb i7 gaming cpu. it even takes a long time to open the file which is small! i tried converting it to a bitmap but it looks horrible, what can i do?

Turbophein

maybe drop from enhanced preview?

although i didn't do that, it did give me an idea so thank you.

i moved the diamond plate to a new layer and shut off the viewing of that layer, i can now edit a design using the diamond plate without hesitation, but at some point i will need to see the diamond plate.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
vector artwork shouldn't slow you down much.

What tends to really slow Corel down is when you have raster images that have transparencies set on them (lens effects).

Simply apply your lens to your bitmap, then Convert to Bitmap using the same resolution as your original but with transparent background set on.

Yes, the lens effect will not be alterable after that, but presumably, you saved the original bitmap on a non-printing hidden layer should you need to change the effect at some point down the road.

Once bitmaps with lens effects are "flattened", Corel speeds right back up to its normal zippy self.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
vector artwork shouldn't slow you down much.

What tends to really slow Corel down is when you have raster images that have transparencies set on them (lens effects).

Simply apply your lens to your bitmap, then Convert to Bitmap using the same resolution as your original but with transparent background set on.

Yes, the lens effect will not be alterable after that, but presumably, you saved the original bitmap on a non-printing hidden layer should you need to change the effect at some point down the road.

Once bitmaps with lens effects are "flattened", Corel speeds right back up to its normal zippy self.

+1 to that.

Also, a thousand diamond plates that are a 1"x1" with an inch spacing would be around a 30x33 pattern which would be 60"x66" ... that will always slow your system up ... try working in panels.