• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xante memjet "Superfast"

cwb143

So anyone know how much this printer is?
1600x1600 dpi per second 70,400 nozzles 42"
3 billion drops of ink per second!

supersignmart

I saw this too in one of the new magazines I just got in. What is it good for printing on? I believe it uses a waterbase ink? I wonder if they will have it running at the SGIA show.

Mspec

Aqueous inks, not bad if you are printing on corregated carton materials, but this ink will not hold up to outdoor signage use, or printing on plastics.

I do wonder how long it takes for the inks to dry while printing at that speed....

artbot

xante is there and i guarantee they will have this printer out. i hope to get a good look at it and maybe turn it into a franken-memjet. unless the price is outrageous, which it might be.

mark galoob

this tech is just fantastic. i am interested to know if it
a. prints on gloss paper
b. what the ink costs are...

anybody know?

mark galoob

artbot

it does print on glossy coated paper, card stock, foamcore, etc.. the dpi is off the charts. basically prints such tiny dots that they dry instantly on contact.

what doesn't exist for it, i'm sure some suppliers will start making it. i read a long article about this printer and why other major printer companies haven't adopted. the problem is just one large format memjet in the product line up makes all their other printers look insanely slow by comparison. basically making all their R&D dead and useless.

this printer is a game changer for sure. think of all the presses/offset businesses that will be missing customers after a few more years of this machine being refined. the idea of print speed will be irrelevant in a few years. like the idea of how fast your laminator spins.

RycckG

Memjet is one of several new 1 pass print heads. At 12" per second, or 60 ft minute. it is fast and at 1600 dpi, it is fast and fine. Kodak owns the speed record right now at 1000' ft per minute. I have shown this video to a few others... It is a Kodak printer running at 500 ft/ min at 300 x 600 dpi
Enjoy the future...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyT7rUG2BwA

artbot

there is a "screen printing replacement" printer out there right now the the vutek ds, think it's just about ready for market that does 6000 square feet an hour. over the next few years these memjet heads will be improved, industrial versions will be developed, and for about much less than a million dollars, a company will be able to single handedly provide all the printed substrates a large city can use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPrYxAy9bSA

(this to is a solid array printer)

RycckG

Artbot... I was able to see the Vutek DS run at Vutek, Quite a machine, but it was cancelled. Inside rumors are that they didnt feel they wanted to compete with the HP7500 for 1.3MM where they were intending 2.3MM. HP has done an amazing job with there high end printer, and last I heard they had near, 25 in the field.