• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC 540 30" material says 43"

lilb93

The Roland when booting up checks the material width. When I use 30" material it scans at it now says 42" or sometimes 43" on the screen. Anyone ever have that problem. Thanks

Jack Knight1979

If this unit uses and optical registration, the lens on the sensor is dirty. I have to clean mine every couple of months or so.

send the unit down for a cleaning.
Turn off the machine and unplug it.

Dampen a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and clean the lens. You should get some black ink and debris on the towel.

Hit it with some canned air to make sure the area is dry. (if it's still wet when you turn on the machine, you'll dry the sensor.)

Reboot the machine and it will go back to the parking side.

If is machine uses the rollers to verify width, make sure you have them in the right position like ciber said.

CS-SignSupply

The XC is the Print/Cut and uses cuthead assembly to recognize the far right and far left pinch rollers only.

If it continues, it is possible that the cut carriage cable may need to be replace... however unlikely based on what is known now.

Not for sure if it would effect the sizing, but the clear strip that the carriage rides on can get dirty and cause problems I know when you do contour cutting and printing. If I am not mistaken it is what lets the printer know where it is on the paper. We have cleaned our with rubbing alcohol and worked great again.