• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 cut calibration help

crny1

Hello all,
I have a new to me machine that I just got Thursday. Tonight is th first time I have tried to print and cut.When it cuts it is not following the cut line. It off to one side. When I run the cut test it indeed it does leave the black on 2 sides. If run test 2 then I can clearly see that the feed is off by -.2 and the san is off by +.7. I then go into the calibration and put those numbers in. When I run the test again its the same results. Nothing has changed. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Its almost as if the printer isn't saving my adjustments. Thanks in advance.

Wes

crny1

Fortunately I was smart enough to hit enter each time so that is not the case. I did notice that when the machine does the test print/cut with the black squares the farther left the head goes the farther off it is. The right square closest to the head docking area is only off a tiny bit, the middle square is off by about 1/8" and the far left square is off by as much as a 1/4"

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's a pretty common issue. If you go into the service mode and run all of the encoder calibrations and then run the environmental match in the user menu, that should do the trick. If it doesn't, you might have a bad encoder sensor and/or servo board. I would say 90% of the time I run into this issue the encoder calibrations fix the issue.