• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Print Head Light Cyan not printing

lealr

Hello to all,

If anyone could help me with this problem it would be EXTREMELY great full, for I am worried about my machine.

I moved my machine from my previous workplace to my new location then I noticed that the LC Head was not printing. Flowing this I did a Test Print then I got the following result:

Test_Print.jpg

Following that I removed the dampers so I could clean the head. From there I reconnected everything back then I noticed that the LC was no longer printing anything.

But at times a small strip would come out.

Now any design that has gray in it comes out red. And my colors are not the way it was before this problem.

I would appreciate any help and advise. ASAP.

Thanks

lealr

Yes I have done the cleaning cycle more than once without any result, and the inks have been replaced with new ones. And my machine is practically new about 6 months in use, so I have not replaced the cap tops.

jhilldesigns: I am not sure how to attach the images on the forum, but its strange since I am able to view the image without the need to click a link.

Am not sure how to attach to the forum but I am working on it, also I can't seem to edit the original post. Sorry for any inconvenience. I hope I am not penalized. :(

Last edited:

Salmoneye

Have you had any luck yet? I have had to drench a swab with cleaning solution and then dab the heads but they say that you should never do that. I wonder if you could mist them every few minutes for a while and then run a med cleaning. I am new to this but have had to do this twice in the last couple of weeks after a bad cap and a scan motor error.

GSGservice

When you removed the dampers you might have either not got it back on snugly. The o ring in their eventually will dialate and cause an air leak. The other thing that might have happened was to crack the ink manifold on the head on just that side. The head typically does not fail on one side like that. Also pull both ink cartridges and make sure they have ink in them. If they have ink in the cartridges I would get a new damper and replace it. Be sure to precharge the damper with a syringe and be gentle putting it on.

lealr

Salmoneye: No luck yet. I don't really want to try anything that might make it worse.

GSGservice: I am not sure if the o ring dialated but I will have a look at it. I will also have to check the manifold. The ink cartridges have enough ink since I only recently replaced them. I did the precharge with the syringe and ink flows but it doesn't print on that particular head(LC).

At the moment I am trying to contact Roland and see if they can fix the problem since I was told that my warranty on the machine has not expired. Only problem is that they are taking a bit too. But if I could avoid the extra cost and have it repaired on my own it would benefit me greatly.

kev3232

dude, 6 month ago machine and your test print looks like that?!?!?!
you need to set yourself up a weekly maintenance program. we clean our XC every friday!
soak a swab and wipe the heads (carefully) trying to dislodge the dried ink and run the head cleaning a whole crapload of times.
good luck

stevesign

Issues

Have you tried running a heavy cleaning cycle, also, try and swab the heads, you can't damage them, they are ceramic.

You have head droppouts all over the place, your heads should really not look like that after 6 months of use.

Steve

bossdg

Your heads are a mess. It looks like to have a damper or cap-top problem. I would suggest first replacing the cap-tops (our dealer installed cap-tops from Supply55 which are lower cost and work great). After the cap-tops are replaced try a powerful clean. If this doesn't solve the problem replace the dampers.

Use a syringe to draw the ink from the cap. Your heads are in poor shape - the black looks very scratched, and I notice scratches on other heads.... take care of your heads...they cost too much to damage.

DIGITAL360

i have the same machine as yours & its new (only 6 months old). Looking at your test prints i just cant imagine how in the world did your machine test print as lousy as that. my machine test prints just as good as when it first came out of the box. i do manual cleaning weekly(manual cleaning instructions is in your users manual). i keep my shop dust free & clean. when machine is not in use i cover it with a lint free soft cover which helps keep flying dust particles from entering into the machine causing clogged dampers,lousy test prints and so on... i have had several machines prior to the one i have now & from my experience i had test prints where only half of one print head was firing & it turned out to be a clogged damper. im not saying that is the problem but you can actually pop out the cover covering the the print heads to take a close look at the dampers(dampers window) to see if its actually the case. if it is i would replace that along with the cap top. what ever the problem maybe & when fixed you should try manual cleaning on a weekly basis,have a clean & dust free shop & machine covered when not in use for long periods of time to avoid future problems. my 2 cents:smile:

juniorferg

:omg2:! I tell ya what, I have had my Roland for a about a year and a half and havent had to change anything on it. I have yet to have my heads, even when I havent done a cleaning in a week, look like that. YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT RELIGIOUSLY WEEKLY! Every friday or monday buddy just pick one and stick to it. Secondly, I had a problem with half my yellows not showing up and all I did was a medium clean, a manual cleaning of the system with the special Qtips and cleaning solution. Heres the key, get a brand new qtip and soak it in the solution. VERY gently go across the soak-up sponges that have the colors on them a few times and then do another test print. However I'll tell you right now buddy your heads maybe screwed as it is.