• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Xc 540 Print Heads

Hi all,

Thank you for all the useful info so far but hopefully you can help on this one?

Our xc540 has been sat a while (4months or so) and it’s no surprise that when we turned it on all the heads were clogged solid. We removed the heads and tried to flush with syringes but to no avail.

With nothing to loose I hashed up a pressurised cleaning station with pressure gauge and we ran the heads between 10-20psi with a relief valve running dx4 cleaning fluid and tried to pressure flush the heads through the adapters. We started to make head way and all the heads started to come back to life around 65% patten and then I noticed the adapters were also showing signs of Clogging. Ordered new adapters. At this point I left the heads to soak in dx4 solution for 7 days in a tub. Went back to it all today with the new adapters, new fluid etc and went to flush again, excited to retrieve full operation and flow but everything (all 6) is now blocked solid. Can’t Back flush, 0% patten absolutely sod all.

Thoughts please? Struggling to imagine heads are damaged due to overpressure as all were flowing ok prior to soak. Could the dx4 solution melt the inside of the head? There is no breach between head galleries.

TIA

Jonathan