• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Service Call 109

signlord

My printer was going through the cleaning cycle this morning, when it quit and the error message Service Call 109 came up. Anybody know what this means? The manual just says that only a service tech can fix it but they haven't responded to my call yet. Any help would be appreciated.

nate

Symptom:
Even though the machine
carries out the regular
movement, the output of
the Wiper Sensor does not
reach the expected value.
What to do:
Wiper Motor Replacement
Wiper Unit Replacement
Wiper Sensor Replacement
Cable and Flexible Cable Replacement
What could be the cause:
Disorder of Wiper Sensor
Fault of Wiper Unit
Fault of Wiper Sensor
Cut-line or short-circuit of Cable and Flexible
Cable

From the XC-540 service manual.

Last edited:

InkjetAuction

Wiper Protection Error

Sorry for the delay in reply...
I hope that you are already up and running

This error means that the wipers are not where the machine expects them to be... i.e. the sensor hasn't been tripped.

It's a machine protection error which means nothing will work, just in case the wipers are where they could cause damage.

Typically the fix is nothing more than:

1. Power off the machine
  2. Open up cover
  3. Manually push the wiper carriage back into the home position--until it stops). I may only need to be moved slightly.
  4. Turn on the machine
It's also possible... but more unlikely that you have a bad wiper motor, loose belt on the wiper motor, or a bad/loose wiper sensor.

We can look at these items if you continue to have problems.

~E