• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 Roland

Mosh

Have you check the NEW product review section of signs101?

Edit: I though there was a new one up on the site, I reviewed our printers on there, can't seem to find it.....

klmjff

yeah, don't buy new. You can find several used ones in good condition out on the interweb. You'll probably save a good 20k....Just a thought.....

Unless you wanna spend $25k....

mudmedia

Im also looking into getting one of these machines...You guys say pick them up used? Where are good places to look?

Thanks

skdave

No reviews at this time, Fred.

Kev and Pat
When you are printing at 441 Sq feet per hour hour is the Quality, any banning.?

kev3232

you can't print much of anything at the 441s/f speed. really bad banding and bad color. i print almost everything at the standard quality mode.

k

The XC is a GREAT printer! We sell used (when we can find them) but do NOT expect to pay "$20k less than new"...something would be majorly wrong for that price. A good used XC 540 is worth it's weight in gold and should sell for $22k-$25k if it still has warranty and a Roland Tech has gone through the printer to refurbished / recondition to new specks. Now, I know someone is going to say they bought a XC for hardly nothing...we all know a guy who knows "that guy" and he likes to tell stories as much as the rest of us... But, be realistic in buying, and buy wisely.

klmjff

The XC is a GREAT printer! We sell used (when we can find them) but do NOT expect to pay "$20k less than new"...something would be majorly wrong for that price. A good used XC 540 is worth it's weight in gold and should sell for $22k-$25k if it still has warranty and a Roland Tech has gone through the printer to refurbished / recondition to new specks. Now, I know someone is going to say they bought a XC for hardly nothing...we all know a guy who knows "that guy" and he likes to tell stories as much as the rest of us... But, be realistic in buying, and buy wisely.

Worth its weight in gold??? :ROFLMAO:It's a printer for gods sake! I guess I'm "that guy" who has found NUMEROUS used printers for sale in great condition, and they didnt cost $25k. If someone spends that much money on a used printer, they are just plain idiotic or they want to make a dealer very rich.

I have found a pristine HP Designjet 9000s, heater, and air purifier for $4500. I have also found a xc 540 for $9k. It needed new caps, and that was it. Some people are just trying to get what they can for their printers in this jacked up economy.

Moral: seek and ye shall find......

ProColorGraphics

Worth its weight in gold??? :ROFLMAO:It's a printer for gods sake! I guess I'm "that guy" who has found NUMEROUS used printers for sale in great condition, and they didnt cost $25k. If someone spends that much money on a used printer, they are just plain idiotic or they want to make a dealer very rich.

I have found a pristine HP Designjet 9000s, heater, and air purifier for $4500. I have also found a xc 540 for $9k. It needed new caps, and that was it. Some people are just trying to get what they can for their printers in this jacked up economy.

Moral: seek and ye shall find......

Where are you finding these cheap printers?

klmjff

Im finding them on Craigslist. Also, I have been lucky on the newly listed section of ebay large format printers. Thats how we found a Seal Image 62 laminator for $2500 about a year ago.

They are out there. Of course, some printers are dried up and not worth it, but some are in great condition and worth checking out. Some people NEED a warranty to feel warm and fuzzy inside, but I'll take a great working printer for thousands less to keep me happy.

See...I KNEW there would be "That Guy"...if you read correctly I said an XC540 (not HP or other used printers), and with a warranty suggests the printer is less than 24 months old... Nobody in their right mind would by a $32k printer and sell for $9k in less than 24 months....of course, this is only my opinion. Yes, there are worn and misused basket cases (including printers from flood areas) online for sale cheap...and yes, there are some very good deals out there. I only suggest buyer beware, do your homework, and spend your money wisely. As for the "Gold" comment I made, a good printer can be very rewarding, making high profits, and be very reliable...maybe I should change that comment to Green ($$). Happy Holidays.