• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help XF-640 Bias/Vertical Adjust

Big Signs

Have searched all over for a service manual, and kind folks on here directed me to one for XR, but not all details of XF and XR are the same apparently.

Trying to do Bias/Vertical adjust after a head install, and the test pattern appears completely different from the one in the XR book. In the XF Service Menu it appears as "BIAS/VERTICAL" and "BIAS/VERTICAL2" and gives patterns as shown in the photos. Pattern2 is just 3 magenta lines(?)... They look all horizontal to me to begin with...

The adjustment hardware also appears slightly different despite the same printheads, also attached. Think that XR heads are inline and XF are staggered.

Have tried to interpret/apply the XR procedure to the XF, but with very limited results.

In the absence of the actual XF service manual, has anyone done this adjustment/are able to explain how it works/what these patterns represent on an XF?
Maybe even with a photo or two?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bias_Vertical_Pattern1.jpg
    Bias_Vertical_Pattern1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Bias_Vertical_Pattern2.jpg
    Bias_Vertical_Pattern2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 65
  • A_Head_Adjust.jpg
    A_Head_Adjust.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 64