• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XJ-740 - Black

ucs

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction. when I do a test print pattern all the colours are perfect, except the 2nd black. (Right side of test pattern)... the test pattern will print "ok" once after a heavy cleaning... has a couple of square chunks missing, so i try a regular cleaning, then the 2nd black just disappears after. I have tried printing solid solid black which prints with a little bit of banding...

I have cleaned the heads manually, including system flush, replaced the damper, replaced capping station for that black, hooked up the cleaning liquid through the drain end to clean the lines incase of clogs, i have used a syringe to fill up the damper and make sure there is no air in the line, yet the black continues to disappear.

The other thing I noticed is when you place the cleaning solution into the caps, they will just drain automatically after 2 seconds or so, but the black just sits there and won't drain.. (thats where i hooked up the syringe to the drain end to force clean)...

is there something perhaps I am over looking? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for taking the time to read my post.

kanini

The cleaning solution should drain after a couple of seconds as they do on your other colours, so my guess is you have a blocked drain line from the damper. Try to resolve that first. Good luck!

rjssigns

First clue is cleaning solution not draining from the K cap top. I would bet you have a clogged line. With a non OE ink(if that is what you're using) you may have issues with lines clogging. (been there done that)

ucs

Thanks everyone for the reply. So I have done some further troubleshooting and it ended up being the manifold, the "nipple" was cracked so I used some loctite 401 adhesive, sealed the crack and the yellow came back.

I left the machine in cleaning solution over night and all the test patterns are descent except the black has some wavy patterns rather than perfectly straight, i've cleaned many times, manually and through the menu. I did a bias h/v as well as a horizontal alignment, rebuilt all the pumps, replaced the black captop, cleaned all the tubing, etc but I am getting a lot of overspray from the black and not sure what to try next. The only thing im thinking atm is the cap station needs alignment which i am about to try next.

another question i have is the copeck, i am able to download the report but i cannot seem to find a program to read the information... is there anything specific that is available for download?

are there any other suggestions that I can try?

thank you so much for your time