• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR owners

toomeycustoms

We are about to pull the trigger on a new Roland upgrading from our SC-545EX. I have a question for all of the XR users out there. . . Did you get the optional heater/dryer? We have the optional banes heater on our SC-545, but it looks like the XR already has a heater similar to this stock. In what situations would we need the optional heater/blower? We rarely, if ever, print in high speed mode.

We are going to go with the Lk+White setup. Does printing white slow down the machine by a lot or at all?

graphicwarning

In regards to printing white, while I am not familiar with this model of printer... if it is anything like my VS series printing white, it slows to snails pace printing white, especially when doing White > CMYK. Although I'm not certain, I'd suspect you'd experience the same with the XR? But I'm only speculating of course...

My VS-300 prints +/-42 sf/h just with CMYKLcLm. If I switch to white only, it goes to approx. 18 sf/h, and if I print in CMYKLcLmWh (White > CMYKLcLm) it slows to 8 sf/h.

We have a XR, and love it. We didn't get the Roland heater, but do have aftermarket heaters on all of our printers. We don't print high speed, but still helps a lot when using the take up roller. When we print heavy ink, we put 2 dryers on it. I'm not sure with the white and print speeds, but with the metallic it does slow it down, so I would imagine with white it would also.