• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

YAAAY it's little league bball banner time!!

tsgstl

Just got my first little league sponsor banner request of 2013. I can't wait, nothing like a 45 minute conversation about how they need to keep costs as low as possible followed by 10 emails with different scanned pics of business cards. And now with everyone being a photographer because their phone has a 5 megapixel cam built in I get snaps of exterior signs expected to just magically put that on a banner.

"Can we get each kids name with a different effect in a baseball scattered across the blank parts of the banner?"

And I always get a
"I don't understand why other places won't call me back after I give them the info. In this day and age they won't even take my money"

Go ahead and put me on that list honey. And is it a requirement that they all have to speak so loud into the phone?

Wake me up in September please

Mosh

I feel your pain..3 hours of talking about the "design" and then BTW can you
sponsor us?

tsgstl

this was from her last email

[FONT=&quot]Last sponsor email. Please let me know that you received all emails. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Thanks Brian[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

So not only does my neat and tidy inbox get flooded with sponsor spam now I have to let her know I got them. I'm getting ready to eat lunch, I guarantee if I wait til after I eat to let her know "yes I got them" I will get a call.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Must be something I'm doing wrong. We do a ton of these signs every year and make out great and still give them a savings. We're now down to about 12 complexes, but a guy was in about two weeks ago and is looking to give us the entire county little league, AA and AAA ball fields. He's an existing customer for over 12 years with his other business and his kids are now on the team, so he has permission to seek out new vendors if he so chooses. He chose us and he already told me we'll get the entire contract.

Sure, there are a few snags, but all the good ones far more than make up for a few stoopid ones.

klemgraphics

Just got my first little league sponsor banner request of 2013. I can't wait, nothing like a 45 minute conversation about how they need to keep costs as low as possible followed by 10 emails with different scanned pics of business cards. And now with everyone being a photographer because their phone has a 5 megapixel cam built in I get snaps of exterior signs expected to just magically put that on a banner.

"Can we get each kids name with a different effect in a baseball scattered across the blank parts of the banner?"

And I always get a
"I don't understand why other places won't call me back after I give them the info. In this day and age they won't even take my money"

Go ahead and put me on that list honey. And is it a requirement that they all have to speak so loud into the phone?

Wake me up in September please

Just went through this last week with a couple of different individuals.:doh: Glad I'm not the only one!

Ended up telling them both how they can make this easier on me....if they follow my instructions they will get a good price...if not they're gonna pay.

TheSnowman

We don't get into too much of this, I think because the local photographer that I work with a lot, went under me and started getting them from a wholesaler, and is selling them for cheap to keep their other contracts (guess I can't blame them).

I once had someone wanting like 30 banners for a baseball scenario, and I quoted him a smokin' deal (so I thought) on 4' X 8' sizes, he told me I had the job, then he drug his feet till there was about a week before he needed them, and I didn't have the logo already of the first company he needed, so he called the "competitor" to see if they'd give it to him, found out what he was doing, and they got to print all 30 of them. I'm still hung up over that deal. That'd be a huge job for my "only me" shop.

TXFB.INS

I feel your pain..3 hours of talking about the "design" and then BTW can you
sponsor us?

That is "after" they get gone explaining how they are needing a "package deal" with 29 window decals and 6 screen printed custom shirts added to the order