• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yearly Parental "Check up" this week...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Starting last year, my brother and I sat down with our parents to do our first "just in case" meeting (funeral plans, lists of accounts, doctors, utilities, insurance, social security, tax papers, etc...the list goes on). We have another meeting this week to update everything we started last year.

We thought they'd be opposed to our prying into all their affairs, but we were surprised how open they've been...and thankful that we're willing to step up to the responsibility.

I know that someday our "just in case" will be the real thing, and it's good to know we've been prepared.

Anybody else do this?

JB

Last edited:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Basically, we gathered all the paperwork and made photocopies and pertinent notes of everything. I keep the hard copies in the file cabinet but have everything scanned in as .pdf files on my backup drives.

JB

WildWestDesigns

My parents and I have gone over all this as well. Not something I like contemplating, but it's going to happen and best be prepared for at least this portion of it and not have to compound the emotional issue with this.

WildWestDesigns

Not literally, but he doesnt like to think his life is going to end soon, so
he doesn't like to plan like it is. He's still pretty young though..

I knew a guy that had a heart attack at 22. My family on my mother's side all died before 60 due to heart issues.

Sad thing is that it's never to young.