• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

yellow banner material for printing

Drip Dry

Anyone know of a bright yellow banner material that I can print black onto with my 360 latex machine

I guess I could print the yellow, but I thought just printing the black would be better

I thought I could print onto any uncoated material, tried it, didn't go so well

CanuckSigns

Why not just apply black cut vinyl if you are only needing one colour, or just print the whole thing on white banner, seems like you are over complicating this.

TheSnowman

I think I tried this once like 8 or 9 years ago when I got my first printer and had a bunch of colored stock left. If I remember correctly the black wasn't vibrant at all and it looked like garbage. Better just print it on white.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just print the yellow background right along with the black copy.

To many folk printing an entire single color background can seem excessive. It's quite ordinary and it's done every day. For example, the yellow pages in your favorite phone book are printed on white paper. The yellow is merely yellow ink laid down with the rest of the copy.

Drip Dry

I thought about cut vinyl, but there are 10 of them and 30' long. My longest table is 16', so it seems it would be some work to do them.
Bought the HP and I'm sure it would be a quick, simple job.

However, I guess I'm used to my versacam where yellows were never really yellow.
I also feel that when printed, it's not as durable.

After everyone's advice, I probably am making it complicated. I'll print a sample

Thanks

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If durability is an issue then a banner is the wrong type of sign. Yes, I've seen banners last 5 plus years but they're meant to last months not years.

gnemmas

We were printing black & red on Yellow banner material often with Mutoh. Blue came out muddy. Black is very black, and red is red.

Just tried on 360 with the left over yellow banner roll, due to the heat, it wrinkled and cause smudge and head strike, as that roll of yellow banner is not made for Latex printer as our white banner stock is.

Not worth the trouble.

bulldozer

i run hundreds of 10' to 20' banners at a time of just the black on yellow banner with great results. it is on eco-solv though. definitely a time/ink saver.

The price difference is nothing. With a L360 Full yellow color print on a 4x5foot banner is maybe $5 with heavy ink saturation. So if you spend .25 cents a square foot more for the yellow banner then the ,white you normally use, you are loosing money. If you can get it at the same price go ahead and save the $5 a banner but it's not really worth it.