• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow dropped out, mid-print L25500

GP

Mid print, the yellow seemed to drop out. Not completely, but drastically.

Ink level: 495 ml
Print head status : okay

Where do I look next?

Gregg

jayhawksigns

Do a printhead check?

Our printer notified me yesterday that I needed to check the heads, ended up having half of my number 3 black/yellow not firing black.

CS-SignSupply-TT

This may sound naive, but... IF you run the print test first thing in the morning -or- prior to your first print job, shouldn't the printhead issues be revealed?

GP

Is that a separate process somewhere? Don't see it on the LCD menu.

Do I just fake it out as if I were replacing the PH - and let it run it's automatic printhead alignment after I 'replace' it?

GP

Though the status check via Supply function / IP address says that all printheads are okay - this test print may reveal that PH # 3 (y/k) may not be shooting yellow, no?

Wish I knew how to read this damn thing...

Attachments

• IMAG1193.jpg
    IMAG1193.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 102

jayhawksigns

Same head as mine, just a different color. Nice thing about these printers though, the heads are so easy to change.

Also, it was mentioned in another thread about shaking the heck out of the heads before you put them in.

GP

Yes - that is true.

And HP is very good about getting warranty parts right out, next day air.

But, it is the second in three months - which is a pain.

Thanks everyone.

jayhawksigns

We print as much as we can, small market, but we do have some customers who we do same day printing for. Couldn't afford to wait to have it shipped in wholesale if we wanted too.